IGNORED

Namco Museum all 5 volumes now on PSN, $6 each

Flojomojo

They should've tossed in Namco Museum Encore as an import and Xevious 3D/G.

How does Assault/Assault Plus work in Namco Museum 4 off PSN? It originally supported the flight stick/dual analog controllers back then, but not the Dual Shock.

Edited by Atariboy

How does Assault/Assault Plus work in Namco Museum 4 off PSN? It originally supported the flight stick/dual analog controllers back then, but not the Dual Shock.

I wouldn't be surprised if those came later. I think Xevious 3D/G holds up pretty well, considering its age.

I looked up a review of Namco 4 and IGN said, "However, control is achieved by rotating back and forth, and absolutely requires the Sony double flight stick."

The manual for the game says:

directional buttons control the left tank tread

circle/x/square/triangle controls the right tank tread

L1/L2/R1/R2 shoots

Sounds pretty awkward. I will remap the Vita controls to make something less weird.

Xevious 3D/G and maybe Tempest X3. I liked both.

I'd also like to see a download version of Konami Arcade Classics and one of the Midway classics had Moon Patrol. An arcade favorite of mine. I always pray to see that game in a compilation these days and it never happens.

I never owned Namco4 and I didn't buy any others last night (other than 1 and 2) so I can't say anything about Assault.

I'd also like to see a download version of Konami Arcade Classics and one of the Midway classics had Moon Patrol. An arcade favorite of mine. I always pray to see that game in a compilation these days and it never happens.

Konami Arcade Classics would be nice to see. Like some of the rarer volumes of Namco Museum such as #4, Ebayers tend to price this one pretty high these days. And several of its games aren't available as standalone downloads on the PS3 and/or 360.

It's not much more recent than Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2 for the PS1, but Moon Patrol is on Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 2 for the Dreamcast from about five years later.

Beyond Spy Hunter though, the rest of the lineup is different between the two. So that means no Burgertime on the DC collection, which similar to Moon Patrol, didn't subsequently reappear on Midway Arcade Treasures (Which was largely a compilation of the Digital Eclipse Playstation collections, minus the licensed Atari Corp. content like Asteroids and Battlezone).

Edited by Atariboy

I think I still have my Konami Classics disc somewhere. Agreed that it would be nice to see it released digitally for six bucks. Artificial scarcity is stupid.

I tried Mappy in vertical mode, but the problem on PSP/Vita is that the controls are connected to the rotated screen, so they flip, too. I don't think there's a way around it. Sad face.

I want to know this too. If they added Dual Shock support, that would be good enough for me. Somehow I doubt this was done though.

How hard is it to find the flight stick? I know I have an adapter somewhere that allows is original PS connection to USB.

• 2 weeks later...

Xevious 3D/G and maybe Tempest X3. I liked both.

I seem to recall a repack of several Xevious games. Maybe we can get that instead.

TxK (Vita) is better than Tempest X3 in every way, and is also coming to PS4 soon. :D It also looks nice on PSTV. You can run a Tempest X3 disc on ps1/ps2/ps3.

Konami Arcade Classics would be easy to do but they'd probably rather re-re-re-re-release the titles individually. Frogger, Time Pilot, and something else came out on Playstation Home Arcade for cheap ... you can play them on Vita now but it's a pain to play them on the PS3 because it requires Home.

It's odd that we haven't seen Moon Patrol anywhere else since that PS1 disc. I blame lawyers. :mad:

I seem to recall a repack of several Xevious games. Maybe we can get that instead.

TxK (Vita) is better than Tempest X3 in every way, and is also coming to PS4 soon. :D It also looks nice on PSTV. You can run a Tempest X3 disc on ps1/ps2/ps3.

Konami Arcade Classics would be easy to do but they'd probably rather re-re-re-re-release the titles individually. Frogger, Time Pilot, and something else came out on Playstation Home Arcade for cheap ... you can play them on Vita now but it's a pain to play them on the PS3 because it requires Home.

It's odd that we haven't seen Moon Patrol anywhere else since that PS1 disc. I blame lawyers. :mad:

I agree and yes I'll gladly pick up a version of TxK on PS4....at no charge for the extra frames :P

A Xevious collection? Was it on PS1 as an import or something?

The PS1 has a fair version of a Qix remake, I think its called Qix Neo. There's also a throwback kind of game related to Crystal Castles called Gubble. I think the Atari guys who worked on arcade games like Crystal Castles made that game. Graphics are shoddy but it's not that bad.

• Like 1

I imagine you were thinking of Xevious 3D/G+. It includes a conversion of the arcade game Xevious 3D/G, along with the original Xevious and Super Xevious. It's a domestic release.

Edit: And it includes the only home conversion of Xevious Arrangement, the remixed arcade game based on the original. I had forgotten about that until I followed your link.

Edited by Atariboy

There's also Namco Museum Essentials for PS3, which is on sale this week. It has five arcade classics (Pac-man, Galaga, Dig Dug, Xevious, and Dragon Spirit) as well as an exclusive game: Xevious Resurrection. Each game has 12 'stamps' to collect by performing in-game challenges. Digging out the entire playfield of Dig Dug was tricky.

Edited by boog

• 3 years later...

Got in the mood for Xevious and thought I'd give Xevious Ressurection a try, but I see that Namco Museum Essentials seems to have been delisted. No sign of it in the North American store and the UK store still has a product page but no purchase option or price listed.

I wonder why Namco would decide to withdraw it?

Konami Arcade Classics would be nice to see. Like some of the rarer volumes of Namco Museum such as #4, Ebayers tend to price this one pretty high these days. And several of its games aren't available as standalone downloads on the PS3 and/or 360.

It's not much more recent than Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2 for the PS1, but Moon Patrol is on Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 2 for the Dreamcast from about five years later.

Beyond Spy Hunter though, the rest of the lineup is different between the two. So that means no Burgertime on the DC collection, which similar to Moon Patrol, didn't subsequently reappear on Midway Arcade Treasures (Which was largely a compilation of the Digital Eclipse Playstation collections, minus the licensed Atari Corp. content like Asteroids and Battlezone).

Moon Patrol is available as a stand-alone purchase on Nintendo Switch now. It's a perfect arcade version from the Atcade Archives series.

Got in the mood for Xevious and thought I'd give Xevious Ressurection a try, but I see that Namco Museum Essentials seems to have been delisted. No sign of it in the North American store and the UK store still has a product page but no purchase option or price listed.

I wonder why Namco would decide to withdraw it?

It should still be in your download list if you bought it while it was on the store, I have it on my device. It wasn't great, seemed unfinished and just a stub they never updated.

There's a new version of Museum on the Switch, with a short list of games. Fine for what it is, but oddly incomplete.

I never bought Namco Museum Essentials. I had so many arcade perfect versions of each of the games, it seemed rather pointless.

But I was in the mood for Xevious, and thought I'd perhaps give Xevious Resurrection a try (The only exclusive part of the package). So I was all set to go buy it and download it, but discovered it had disappeared off the storefront.

That piqued my curiosity a bit, since the reason for its disappearance isn't obvious like it so often is for delisted content.

Edited by Atariboy