IGNORED

cleaning colecovision and exp module 1

metzger130

I recently purchased both a colecovision and module 1 myself. I took apart both and the cleaned the shells with dish washing liquid and a soft bristle tooth brush. I used compressed air to clean the circuit boards. I also cleaned the cartridge ports with rubbing alcohol and a credit card wrapped in a cotton cloth. After putting everything back together, I wiped down the shells with armor all wipes. There are some good you tube videos showing how to as well. That is how I learned.

Edited by Oldschool80skid
  • Like 1

New toothbrush and electronics cleaner and compressed air to finish up... Outside, as Oldschool80skid mentioned Armor All wipes give it a pretty good shine... I usually spray down the screws with anti-seize spray so the second time is a cake walk.

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05101-QD-Electronic-Cleaner/dp/B000CCMLD0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1412360370&sr=8-2&keywords=Electronics+Cleaner

The 1st thing i do when buying ANYTHING at the flea or thrift shop is NOT take it inside my house right away. WHY? because last time i brought a 2600 home from Value Village, a little cockroach crawled out the top while i was playing to say hello, :grin: :-o same thing happened with PC speakers i brought back from there. I open up the console outdoors, take out the motherboard, cut a piece of plastic transparency to size and place over any labels and seal edges with duct tape to keep water away. Then i soak the casing halves in warm soapy water for a minute or 2 and scrub anything stubborn with a tooth brush. This method cleans everything out of tiny cracks where roach eggs and such can hide. ;)

Edited by Rik
  • Like 1

The 1st thing i do when buying ANYTHING at the flea or thrift shop is NOT take it inside my house right away. WHY? because last time i brought a 2600 home from Value Village, a little cockroach crawled out the top while i was playing to say hello, :grin: :-o same thing happened with PC speakers i brought back from there. I open up the console outdoors, take out the motherboard, cut a piece of plastic transparency to size and place over any labels and seal edges with duct tape to keep water away. Then i soak the casing halves in warm soapy water for a minute or 2 and scrub anything stubborn with a tooth brush. This method cleans everything out of tiny cracks where roach eggs and such can hide. ;)

Nice... and I was just about to raid the fridge for a late night snack.