IGNORED

cleaning the outside of system

metzger130

I was wondering what you use to clean the outside of the 5200 system. There is a sticker on the system that i want to get off and then clean it up to look nice. Don't want to scratch the system.

Are you taking the system apart and cleaning the shell? If so, I would use Goo b Gone for the sticker and a de-greaser liquid soap with warm water for the shell. I then scrub the shell with a soft bristled tooth brush to get the grime out of the crevices. Once everything is dry and put back together I wipe the console down with Armor All Wipes. to give it a nice shine.

I was wondering what you use to clean the outside of the 5200 system. There is a sticker on the system that i want to get off and then clean it up to look nice. Don't want to scratch the system.

Wd-40 works great at removing labels. You can peel off as much as you can and use WD or some rubbing alcohol to get rid of the rest.

I was thinking of taking the top off and cleaning it or just keeping it on. Would probably be easier/safer if I took the top off to clean it. Unfortunately, the previous owner had a sticker or 2 on it and I can see parts of it on the system and it looks like they tried to rip it off before. I have Goo gone and figured that would work, just don't want to damage the shell, that's all. WD-40, I never would have guessed that it would work to take labels off.

If you are going to use a adhesive remover, use something that doesn't have ingredients that eat away at plastic like flammable solvents, benzine, etc. Goo be gone works good but you may need to apply it... let it soak into the sticker... then scrape away, then repeat the cycle a few times until it's all gone.