IGNORED

Need help to save a cassette

Philsan

I was able to download all of the files, but was unsuccessful converting them to .cas. I tried wav2cas and a8cas. I don't really know how to use a8cas very well. I was able to create bad .cas files(and .hex files), so I'm pretty sure I was using it correctly(without using the more advanced options...). Maybe Kr0tki or someone more knowledgeable than I could get these fixed for you. Sorry! Good luck.

The levels didn't seem too bad, but the recordings seemed very noisy with a loud whining sound. Tweaking it in Audacity didn't seem to help...

Edited by low.blow
  • Like 1

Is someone able to load those wav and convert them to cas?

I think audio needs to be adjusted.

Sorry, but this signal is too distorted for any restauration. The problem is that the signal is fading after a few seconds, probably because the tape lost contact to the receiving head of the casette player, or probably because the tape itself is damaged. With drop-outs as large as the ones in this recording, restoring the data is impossible.

Try to record the audio again, but this time on a better quality player.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes the head pressure pad falls off on old tapes... reglue the pad or move tape to new cassette... a new recording could be made from the tape at that point.... please use a different cassette deck in any event the motor humm is terrible.. bad capacitors?