IGNORED

Homebrew capatibility

SolutionZ

He probably read about some 2600 games not working on the 7800, but that's mostly due to the cart shells not fitting in the slot properly.

I use my 7800 pretty much for all 2600 games here, and I've never had an issue putting a homebrew 2600 titles into the slot. And I've got a LOT of homebrew titles heh...

He probably read about some 2600 games not working on the 7800, but that's mostly due to the cart shells not fitting in the slot properly.

I use my 7800 pretty much for all 2600 games here, and I've never had an issue putting a homebrew 2600 titles into the slot. And I've got a LOT of homebrew titles heh...

I have Juno First and that cart consistently crashes when playing it in the Atari 7800.

I have Juno First and that cart consistently crashes when playing it in the Atari 7800.

Just a shot in the dark...I notice Juno First is one of the homebrews that utilize (optionally) a "Save Key"

Save Key code checks the second joystick port for the device.

Now, even though it doesn't need one to work, perhaps a controller device should (or should not be) plugged into Right/Player 2 joystick port to prevent an issue for (some) "Save Key" compatible games on (some) 7800 consoles.

Could you please try keeping a joystick plugged into the right/player 2 port and play the cartridge, and then try keeping nothing plugged into the right/player 2 port and play the cartridge again, to see if it changes the behavior of the game on your console? Maybe there will be a difference and help the situation for you.

• Like 1