IGNORED

Omega's - Game Room (Modified 01/24/2020)

Omega-TI

Cool, I can't wait to have a game room. Right now mine is all open walled lol gotta run wiring, insulation, and put up walls but it should be nice when I finally get finished :)

Oh how I envy you! Being able to do the work and get it set up exactly like you want. Are you going to put one of << THESE >>in your game room for the primary unit(s). Extra insulation on the interior walls to keep the sound level down too? Please, but sure to post pics when you're done!

My game room is pretty lame compared to some of the ones in here.

Unfortunately those are $100 outlets I doubt the wife would go for it lol. I do have a couple outlets with USB plugs so one of those will probably go in there for keeping the phone charged. I plan on extra insulation and no windows so no stupid screen glare :) and I got some old antique light fixtures which should fit in with my old games :) I'll probably post some pics when it's done

Looks like it's very cozy..

When I was a kid I moved all my gaming stuff into a large closet and pretended to go on deep space missions.

Thanks. :) Truthfully, I would not complain if I had a couple of extra feet on each side though.

Did you notice the TI's in the Armoire which is basically just a real small closet!

BTW - Which program did you use the most on your missions? Was it Parsec, or did you write your own interstellar program?

My short stint with the Ti-99/4a was late in the game for me, and was thus not a part of my closet astronaut antics.

It was mostly Ti-59, TRS-80 Pocket Computer 1, Apple II, and Atari VCS. I often wrote simple basic programs that would make the text screen look like a mission-control computer. Played tons of Lunar Lander. Both the arcade-like ones on the Apple II and the one with number callouts for altitude and descent speed. Made the Ti-59 and TRS-80 PC1 into tricorder like devices. Used Star Ship as a front 3-D window. Using Space Raiders and CyberStrike turned the Apple II into tactical battle computer.

And when I got Star Raiders on the 400/800 all the above stuff became ancillary "equipment". I even made a dual monitor configuration (it showed the same image). And my co-pilot would operate the keyboard controls. Much like a weapons officer in a two man fighter jet. One time I used my two-way intercom kit from RadioShack to communicate with base (someone in the other room downstairs) who also had a 3rd monitor patched in.

I even typed up mission report letters to NASA (with Pro-Term terminal & text editor) and kept pestering them about when they'd put lasers on the Space Shuttle. I did get some free books from GPO in return. I thought that was the shit!

Make-believe times were among the best because anything was possible.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

BTW: your Atarisoft TI games with the black end labels, look great! I did the same, but my P-Touch only has the white labels with black text. What are you using for yours?

Thanks! :)

I printed them up on my inkjet using premium paper, white text, black background, using Word. I laminated them and then cut them out and attached them with UHU glue stick. It's the same method I've been using for over 30 years. I've been amazed at how well that glue holds up over the years.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks nice. The PEB is looking more and more like a modern-day tower rig.

THANKS! :)

Back in the day we were all expanding our TI's to 'catch up' with other newer systems so we could say, "Hell yes, our TI's can do that too!" Decades later as I expand mine, I "TRY" to keep it looking as stock as possible, but carry it forward using modern components with an 'evolutionary look'.

• 2 months later...

CARTRIDGE TIME!

Collecting old cartridges can get kind of expensive if you buy them separately... and pay shipping on top of it for all of them.

For those cool new compilations that take less room, and for those new 'home brew' releases, I found a solution 'that works for me'!

gallery_35324_1510_215538.jpg

A MiniPRO TL866CS EEPROM PROGRAMMER