IGNORED

Heavy 6er price

metzger130

I get asked this all the time around here... what's a heavy sixer worth or what's an Atari worth. Locally, I'd say $40 is good for any system except a heavy sixer. I have quoted up to $100 for a heavy sixer, though. I paid $60 for my Sears on and it came with a handful of Sears brand controllers. I paid $85 for the lot that had my Atari one and there were two more consoles plus a TON of games in the lot.
Atari collecting is picking up here in Oklahoma City. I know of at least three people who started collecting for it just this year.

Considering the rarity of a heavy sixer, I'd say it's worth about $100 assuming it's in really good shape. If it comes with the CX-10s, $100 is a damn good price IMO. Without the CX-10s and just the power supply, I'd pay around $75-80 for it. Again, it has to be in very good shape.

You will have to pay about 200$ for a light sixer, only console, joystick and wires here in Sweden so consider yourselves lucky.

Even the bad games in beat up, dirty cartridges with torn and ruined labels rarely go under 10$ per game.

Saw a heavy sixer for about 300$ once. It was sold immideately.

Edited by Raticon

Got one on ebay a couple years ago for about $40, with 2 working original style joysticks, paddles (one worked perfectly, the other has some jitter), and about 20 random carts. Console was in very good condition (the orange line around the switches wasn't even scratched). I didn't know it was a heavy when I bid on it....from the poor photo with the auction, you couldn't really tell because the carts & controllers were in a pile along the front of it. I only cared about getting an extra 6-switcher & the 4-5 carts in the bundle that i didn't already have.....and was really happy and surprised when it arrived and turned out to be a heavy (and with a pretty low serial # to boot).

Heavy Sixers just the bare console and depending on the condition if it's in excellent shape. Should be around $70-$80. Light Sixer around $40. $20 for a 4 switch woody. $30 for a Vader. And around $20 for a Junior. I paid $50 for my Heavy Sixer and it is in mint condition everything works flawless.post-32978-0-38372400-1413171565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Retrogamer81081
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine for about $15. If you just wait for someone selling a bunch of stuff from their garage you can get a deal on one. Any greedy play and trade proprietor will think they are worth a bundle... But if you find a good used game shop, the are still nice and cheap! (I paid 39.95 for my Vader at a P&T).

I found my Sunnyvale H6 sitting on a shelf at Value Village for $39.00 taxes in about 5-6 years ago. Man times SURE have changed! All classic stuff are now WAY more money and are kept in glass display cases. I have not seen any H6's at V-V or any other place since. Quite frankly i haven't seen any thing great for 3-4 years anywhere, just the occasional semi rare game cartridges or dirt commons mostly. It's getting pretty slim pickings.

Edited by Rik