IGNORED

Cartridge Shells

Gazoo

Cartridge shells will be in short supply for me soon. I just counted up what I've got left. There's 24 of the black ones with the screw in the middle and 10 of the beige ones with the plastic latch in the middle which I'll probably not use for XB v2.7 Suite carts.

What are the current sources for these, if any?

Anybody got a box of useless carts they want to part with for cheap? You can even keep the boards.

I'm thinking of making batches of the other new carts after the demand for XB v2.7 Suite dries up, but the drawback seems to be the availability of cart shells.

I could provide the completed board and a high quality vinyl label at that point. The buyer to provide their own shell, but I'd rather not go that route.

Thoughts? Ideas? Options?

Gazoo

A new version of the Wiesbaden Supermodul--basically a GRAM Kracker in a cartridge case. . .and I have permission to resurrect the design from Sven Dyroff, the original developer.

I for one think this is a terrible idea, if reasonable ammounts of these units got into the community it could destroy poor little Buddy Bear's Ebay business!!!!! ;)

• Like 2

I don't have a few of the third-party side-car devices and PEB boards (maybe a dozen or so diferent objects) and four of the TI-produced PEB boards and three TI Sidecars (one of which was only sold in Venezuela). I'm still looking for those, along with the dozen or so cartridges that I'm still missing. I'm missing originals of a lot of disks and tapes though (although I do have a serious collection of those too).

• Like 1

I for one think this is a terrible idea, if reasonable ammounts of these units got into the community it could destroy poor little Buddy Bear's Ebay business!!!!! ;)

falling-money-animation-gifmoving-pictur

Isn't most of the stuff he's selling already been cracked by others and available from WHTECH for free?

I've sometimes wondered how much money people have wasted/burned on his copies.

I guess the Internet is a big place and not everyone knows about Atari Age or WHTECH, but all it would take is a few seconds with a search engine.

• Like 1

And you've done so, Lee--that was a nice lunch! :)

So, lunch is on Lee this year?? Dang, we have a generous group of folk here!

(This is not REALLY off-topic -- "shells" makes me think of tacos.)

Edited by OLD CS1

Over the past year I've read about some great ideas, hacks and projects, so on the topic of cartridge shells and with all these new "Ultra Uber Carts" coming out, maybe it's time for a "hardware hackers special" , a case with a "little extra growing room".

A cartridge with a little extra room could facilitate, LED's, switches, larger batteries, a few extra chips or an add on circuit board for the experimenter. In the future possibly even multiple-layered PCB's.

Even now, I have a cartridge that I dearly love, but it does not work with the widget, and I so miss that little reset button!

post-35324-0-00628600-1413038738_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Actually, your idea was already in the queue, Kevan, though in a different form. I'm looking to replicate a variant of the old ROMOX cases, but with a little more headroom at the end--capable of holding either a standard cart board (which gives a nice open area at the end for other things (like switches or large batteries), or an elongated board that gives more room for components. It is one of my backburner projects that has been moving forward in slow motion. . .

• Like 2