IGNORED

Captain Bruce Magnavox Odyssey 1972 homebrew

atari2600land

Longtime AA members may remember a game I was going to make for the Odyssey called "Captain Bruce and his Cosmic Boomerang." I never did. Well, with Australia Day 2015 approaching, I thought this would be a good time to finally go ahead and make the game. I started a thread in the Marketplace forum but you can also reply here if you want a copy of the game. I hope to have it ready and shipped by January 26, 2015 (Australia Day). Let me know if you want a copy. I plan to charge $30 + shipping, but the price isn't set in stone yet.

• 5 months later...

Hello. I was playing with OdyEmu and made an idea for a one player game still using the Captain Bruce concept. I sent some instructions to some guy who has an Odyssey to make sure it would work on an actual Odyssey. If not, then I'll fall back on the other 2-player idea, but if things go well, this might be the second-ever Odyssey 1-player game ever made. (I think the unreleased? "Mentis Cohorts" was 1-player.) So anyway, I will mail all the items in a small flat rate Priority Mail box. I still have to get the overlays made and the instruction copies made, but everything else is ready. Captain Bruce will be done hopefully by the end of this spring. More details when I have them.

• 2 months later...

Hello. I was playing with OdyEmu and made an idea for a one player game still using the Captain Bruce concept. I sent some instructions to some guy who has an Odyssey to make sure it would work on an actual Odyssey. If not, then I'll fall back on the other 2-player idea, but if things go well, this might be the second-ever Odyssey 1-player game ever made. (I think the unreleased? "Mentis Cohorts" was 1-player.) So anyway, I will mail all the items in a small flat rate Priority Mail box. I still have to get the overlays made and the instruction copies made, but everything else is ready. Captain Bruce will be done hopefully by the end of this spring. More details when I have them.

What happened with this? I just procured an Odyssey and I'd be interested in getting a copy if any more are available.

• 3 weeks later...