IGNORED

Panzer Strike

Vorticon

So as I was waiting in the hospital lobby area for 5 hours for my wife's surgery to be completed (she did fine thankfully), I decided out of the blue to design an XB wargame, something I could (maybe) have ready by Faire time in November. Besides, what else was there to do anyway???

Out came the notepad, and 10 pages of furious scribbling later, I had a detailed outline for a tank battle simulation game, including an AI.

It will pit 5 tanks on each side, each of which will have characteristics such as fire power, side-dependent armor plating, and range. Damage will vary depending on the facing tank side (front is strongest, back is weakest, and sides are mid-range). Full line of sight and fog of war is implemented, along with the ability to send out reconnaissance aircraft. The battlefield will consist of plains, hills, forests and rivers, and will be fully editable.

There will be a scenario editor where one will be able to create a battle map and set the tank characteristics then package it as a complete scenario.

The objective of the player will be to occupy and hold a target square within the enemy (computer AI) area and hold it for 3 turns. The AI on the other hand will of course sweat silicon trying to stop you.

I believe I have most of the salient details worked out on paper, and I'll start the actual coding this week.

This game will be in the same spirit as Clear For Action. Whether I will also need to chain multiple code segments together remains to be seen.

More to come.