IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

I bought a Concerto at PRGE figuring it would be my gateway to revisiting the 2600 and 7800 at the same time, but having had it and a borrowed 7800 in the house for a while, I've come to two conclusions:

1. I can live without the 7800 library, but I'm excited to explore the 2600

2. I like the way 2600 games look on a 2600 better than on a 7800

So while this cart is awesome, I think I'm planning on getting rid of this and instead getting a real Sunnyvale low serial heavy sixer and a Harmony Encore instead. If anyone is voraciously wanting a Concerto and can help me get those things, hit me up.

Frank you need to get yourself some of the homebrew roms. Especially those from PacManPlus. I bet you end up keeping the 7800 :)

• Like 5

Homebrew roms (that and Ninja golf is proving to be a bugger to get) and 2600 are one of the reasons why im getting one

Haha Ninja Golf is one I can't find for a reasonable price either. I'm not paying $75-$80 bucks for effing Ninja Golf!!

Looking forward to snapping up a concerto when they become widely available.

• Like 1

November 11, 2015 Cart only:

$29.99 + $2.94 shipping

September 22, 2015 CIB:

$40.00 + $4.00 shipping

August 28, 2015 Cart only Ninja Golf & Scrapyard Dog:

$35.00 + $4.00 shipping

Some patience and the right timing, a good deal for Ninja Golf may be found. :)

Batari has done a fantastic job thus far with all his products and no doubt when it's ready for mass release, the Harmony Concerto will be of the same excellent quality.

• Like 2

Update: I finally have a console that exhibits the same issue with Double Dragon, so now I can try to track down the issue. I now have about a dozen consoles. If it works on all of them, I think I'll be ready to sell the rest of the PRGE Concertos.

• Like 20

Update: I finally have a console that exhibits the same issue with Double Dragon, so now I can try to track down the issue. I now have about a dozen consoles. If it works on all of them, I think I'll be ready to sell the rest of the PRGE Concertos.

Great news! Thanks for all your hard work! I recently have discovered some 2600 games that I thought were not compatible yet (river raid, millipede) actually do work, you just have to go through the process of loading them, powering off, loading them, powering off and then finally the third time they will work. Is this consistent with what you've seen?

Great news! Thanks for all your hard work! I recently have discovered some 2600 games that I thought were not compatible yet (river raid, millipede) actually do work, you just have to go through the process of loading them, powering off, loading them, powering off and then finally the third time they will work. Is this consistent with what you've seen?

The BIOS is still going through revisions. It has been stated the Harmony BIOS will work on the Concerto (but prevent 7800 support) so it's just a matter of getting things implemented. I am stoked about the possibility of loading 7800 ROMs on my 7800 as I much prefer real hardware to emulation. I've also got a BallBlazer ready to sacrifice for the cause in case the Hokey isn't ready...

The BIOS is still going through revisions. It has been stated the Harmony BIOS will work on the Concerto (but prevent 7800 support) so it's just a matter of getting things implemented. I am stoked about the possibility of loading 7800 ROMs on my 7800 as I much prefer real hardware to emulation. I've also got a BallBlazer ready to sacrifice for the cause in case the Hokey isn't ready...

I know it's going against the grain but perhaps the Concerto should just focus on being the best SD Adapter for playing 7800 games on the 7800 and people desiring to play 2600 games on the 7800 with an SD Adapter should just buy the Harmony. [ducks].

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 4

I know it's going against the grain but perhaps the Concerto should just focus on being the best SD Adapter for playing 7800 games on the 7800 and people desiring to play 2600 games on the 7800 with an SD Adapter should just buy the Harmony. [ducks].

I don't think the 2600 running is what is causing problems, it is the 7800 games on certain 7800 systems.

That is just my guess. In this case I don't have any more info than what has been posted.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

I just bought a Concerto from a fellow AA member who got one at the PRGE. The cart is very, very buggy. 7800 games will hang and not load. And when they do the graphics are glitched and freeze.

Has anyone had this much trouble with there Concerto? Is there another firmware that can be loaded on this?

batari, maybe you can help :-)

I just bought a Concerto from a fellow AA member who got one at the PRGE. The cart is very, very buggy. 7800 games will hang and not load. And when they do the graphics are glitched and freeze.

Has anyone had this much trouble with there Concerto? Is there another firmware that can be loaded on this?

batari, maybe you can help :-)

I actually didn't have any of these issues before I mailed it, almost all the 7800 games played fine (and I do mean all, I spent at least 5-10 minutes on each game). As I said in my PM, I was using *.a78 ROMs instead of *.bin, maybe that's your issue?

Some consoles have trouble loading 7800 games. It's a known issue I am working on. Only affects some consoles. I have an idea what is causing the problem. Firmware update is coming soon, and when this and the DD bug are squashed, the remaining carts will be for sake ;)

I actually didn't have any of these issues before I mailed it, almost all the 7800 games played fine (and I do mean all, I spent at least 5-10 minutes on each game). As I said in my PM, I was using *.a78 ROMs instead of *.bin, maybe that's your issue?

• Like 2