IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

MCP Bios uses POKEY outside the normal memory range, there are a ton of songs on it, it self modifies and changes tunes every time it is turned on. ;P

Have not come across a console it does not work on. My VersaBoard is pretty solid.

:thumbsup:

Solid and awesome, WIZ. The Donkey Kong PK cart, I and others own, wouldn't have existed without your most excellent VersaBoard board handing the $4000 ROM/$450 POKEY combo so beautifully. Additionally, all the beta testing I've done with utilization of the MCPDev Cart, myself and the various developers, no doubt, greatly appreciate.

Hopefully, batari will be able to work something out similarly for the Concerto with $4000 ROM / $0450 POKEY, or/and take a route akin to the Mateos multi-cart, tackling the $4000 ROM / $4000 POKEY combination.

So I thought I would try another SD card (actually a micro-SD and adapter) with a 4GB no name card. I loaded The Atari and Homebrew and hacks collection on it. I had the same on my previous SD card.

I no longer get the Menu freezing as when running through the menu!

I pulled the Pokey out again and can now load most games with out freezing at some percent.

The Hacks collection contains a demo version of Bon-Q that plays for me.

I noticed that the .90 BIOS files actually is a .BIN file (ends .cdi.bin) and gives me an unrecognized file error when trying to run it. Do I need to do something to the file name?

Also, what is the Versa Board?

RevEng, thanks for helping out on the Concerto, it has given us thing s to do and try until we hear from Fred. I hope he is coming to grasp with his personal problems and will be back to the Concerto soon.

• Like 2

There were some issues with SD card formatting with the Atari flashback portable. In the thread most folks are using a custom formatting program to resolve their issues since it appears Win10 doesnt handle formatting exactly the same as in the past.

Console: No serial # (fell off), no expansion port. There is an a/v mod, switch selectable to RF. Note: This console has the Choplifter graphics glitch. This glitch also appears on the 'Concerto V0.5' Boot screen.

SD Cards: The two on the right load games, tested with FAT and FAT32 format. The MicroSD (FAT32) loads a blank menu. The 16GB card (FAT32) shows games on menu, but they fail to load.

Games: When a game fails in some way, I replace it with a ROM from Trebor's list. All games tested on both working SD cards, in FAT and FAT32 format, through RF and A/V. Any glitches etc occur on every variation (FAT 1GB with A/V, FAT32 2GB with RF, etc) unless noted otherwise.

Game #1: Rampage. If player1 selects Lizzie, the game will crash- 'Dateline' screen plays fine, you'll see the first city for a fraction of a second, then it goes to character select (no audio). You may choose a character again, but the game will not leave this screen. After selecting a character a couple of times, it will freeze. I tried playing a complete game as George or Ralph, then starting a new game with Lizzie- it still glitches out. Player 2 can play Lizzie with no problems. I also tested a 'real' Rampage cart and had no problems.

More testing results to come as time presents itself. If you want me to test something specific, please send me a PM, this will reduce 'clutter' in this thread.

Pretty quiet in this thread lately. I think we are all waiting to hear from Fred on what to try next or if he made any process.

I have been using Trebor's latest home-brew pack along with the retail releases for doing my testing.

RevEng have you come up with any other tests to try?

Still doesn't like the Pokey, stops the program loading at various percentages, that seems like a bus loading or conflict problem to me.

I always run the Cart Integrity test before trying the games and 90% it runs all green, the other 10% I get two red blocks but not always at the same location.

With the new SD cart, I no longer have any menu freezing and more home-brew games play with Tremors latest pack.

Anyone else have any breakthroughs or new findings?

Pretty quiet in this thread lately. I think we are all waiting to hear from Fred on what to try next or if he made any process.

[...]

I think we're mostly done, until Fred can step in and take a crack at the current round of issues. It's a bit difficult to try and tease out finer bugs until the coarse ones are removed.

• Like 2

I have been using Trebor's latest home-brew pack along with the retail releases for doing my testing.

Still doesn't like the Pokey, stops the program loading at various percentages, that seems like a bus loading or conflict problem to me.

I always run the Cart Integrity test before trying the games and 90% it runs all green, the other 10% I get two red blocks but not always at the same location.

With the new SD cart, I no longer have any menu freezing and more home-brew games play with Tremors latest pack.

Anyone else have any breakthroughs or new findings?

By any chance, is there a new firmware to try out? I'm still getting red squares all the time, with or without Pokey.

I have no red squares, but some odd things here and there. Double Dragon likes to crash- sometimes on the first mission on the screen with whip girl, sometimes as late as mission 4. I've never finished a game without crashing.

Thanks to firmware .91, Trebor's ROMpack, and/or a FAT formatted SD card, it's playable (wouldn't load before that), so there's progress.

Once again, thanks for the team effort in the community, and extra thanks for even prereleasing Concerto for testing.

• 2 weeks later...

After many many years of 2600, Lynx and Jag I'm gradually getting into 7800. I'm going to have a few questions in the coming weeks but I'd like to know for now about an SD solution (without reading 47 pages!) Is this the only offering and I assume it's not quite ready? Many thanks!

After many many years of 2600, Lynx and Jag I'm gradually getting into 7800. I'm going to have a few questions in the coming weeks but I'd like to know for now about an SD solution (without reading 47 pages!) Is this the only offering and I assume it's not quite ready? Many thanks!

There is the Mateos cart, too. It's a 16-in-1 that you can burn from ROMs yourself. Don't have the URL handy, but a DuckDuckGo/Google/Bing/Yahoo/Lycos search oughta do it. I know it has a Vectrex URL.

• Like 1

Anyone heard from Batari? Would sure like to know if he is working on Concerto.

I hope so. He was so close to nailing the ROM corruption issue as it was determined to occur whenever the RAM was updated. IIRC, he said that the timings for the writes could possibly be tweaked in firmware and a small integrity check to remove corrupt writes. Nothing but crickets recently and my Concerto is just sitting waiting for a firmware update or possible new hardware revision to release.

Batari, we have not forgotten... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there currently a 7800 SD cart available? I am a little lost on this thread. I just know I'd like to order one when it's available!

Let me clear this up for you. Yes and No. [emoji12]

Yes there were a limited number of cards that have been sold to people to be beta testers.

No - because they are still working out some issues with the card because of some issues on certain versions of the 7800 hardware that are out there.

The only way you can buy one right now is to find a beta version that is up for sale by an early adopter. You might check the AA Marketplace threads. There were a couple up for sale at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1