IGNORED

More Jaguar talk from Edge magazine, from Lost Dragon

high voltage

Yep there they are. The company who wowed us with Checkered Flag. And had to be locked in the basement and forced to watch the Alien and Predator movies because they were just going to wing it otherwise. The company that had to have AvP shipped back to them multiple times to do a decent job before it was released.

The company that now owes their existence to Atari and the AvP franchise Atari corralled them into.

Those assholes should have a Fuji symbol in their main waiting/reception area as a homage to who they owe everything to.

Rebellion have had a 'mixed' output it's far to say:

I'll love them for ever for Jaguar AVP, PC AVP, Rogue Trooper on Xbox, Gun on PSP, WW0 on PS2 alone...
But they really screwed up Judge Dredd Vs Death (huge fan of the the 2000 AD Comics) along with PSP AVP (done in 5 days of coding!) but worst of all the 2010 version of AVP.
They can claim market had moved on, it was a marketing thing to make game 'dumber' but it was such a huge dissapointment.

Great article. I found it particularly interesting that they shot all the elements for the game design digitally and then uploaded them for use in the game!

Was that a common practice back then?! Somehow, I've never even come across this before. Seemingly though, graphically, that approach really paid off in their favour imo, although, probably (I'd imagine) at the expense of overall framerate and resolution...

Great article. I found it particularly interesting that they shot all the elements for the game design digitally and then uploaded them for use in the game!

Was that a common practice back then?! Somehow, I've never even come across this before. Seemingly though, graphically, that approach really paid off in their favour imo, although, probably (I'd imagine) at the expense of overall framerate and resolution...

Any framerate/resolution problems is probably because Rebellion half assed everything.

Yeah I know most all of us love AvP but I think it was luck combined with Atari kicking them in the ass repeatedly that we got what we got.

:-) I'd much rather of had the AVP Rebellion pitched to Atari (difficulties encountered in development being what they were), than the 2D Aliens game Atari originally had planned and i love Alien 3 on SNES/MD, AVP in Arcades etc.

Atari should have done two AvP games. One side scroller and one 3D.