IGNORED

Making Jaguar component cable out of 2600 "tele games" card slot?

icemanxp300

So I was trying to make a jaguar component cable from an nes pin and it doesn't work well. I finally got it to work so I know I did it right but the pins are generally lose and don't fit well hence not getting a good connection.

I watched some videos and seen a guy use a card slot from a 2600 clone. Got me curious, I have a non-working tele games system. I ripped it apart and was able to desolder the card slot and it is perfect size after you cut off the screw holes that don't allow it to fit past the jag housing.

I'm still deciding the best method of making this. I originally just chopped off the ends of some rca cables and soldered them to the pins to test but I can see that way will be bulky. I'm thinking maybe soldering the rca ends is a better way to go. I would like to add the s-video as well.

They make an rca to s-video connector would that limit the quality over a direct s-video connection?

100_6387_zpsc567750f.jpg

100_6388_zps9dae1831.jpg

Edited by icemanxp300

I am fairly new to all this soldering stuff. I do know what you are talking about w/the heat shrink but I have never used it. I wonder if they make some kind of plastic housing to go over all the pins and connections electrical tape is shotty looking.. Do you think I should trim the pins? They look to be about an inch to the bend.

This is a good video. I like how he etched the copper plate. I simply snipped the ends off the chords and soldered the outer ground wire to the grounds and center wire to the audio video pins. I did heat shrink each pin so they can't touch since they are very close. I wrapped it in electrical tape for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_dyiOW71rU

This is the chord so far until I find a better way to house it. I might do a hard plastic housing.

jagav_zpscbd8abe4.jpg