IGNORED

Dead Mega ST4...

The keyboard alone is worth around $100 if it is in perfect working order. They are getting hard to find, and I have noticed that many Atari MegaST computers are being sold without the keyboard or with the crappy, lower quality Mega STe or TT keyboard. I do repair both Amiga and Atari ST computers. I do take Pay Pal and I do stand behind my work. Right now, I have 2 internal Atari power supplies that are in perfect working order. One is for the Atari 1040STf and the other is for the Atari 1040STe. The Atari Mega ST is my second favorite computer of all time, so I know those computers really well. Care to take a guess as to what my favorite computer is of all time? :-D

This Atari Mega ST appears to have been stored in a cold, damp garage. I can tell by the kind of corrosion on the disk drive and the metal parts of the chassis and around the motherboard. The computer appears "dirty" and needs to be refurbished. The power supply itself appears to be fine, no puffy or leaking caps, that I could see from the pictures. If the fan is bad or noisy DO NOT turn this computer on until that fan is replaced. The PSU in the Mega ST must be fan cooled at all times. The disk drive will also need to be serviced, blow all the dust out, clean the disk guide slots, clean the heads, oil brass sleeve bearing on drive motor, clean and lub the stainless steel rod, wipe the metal cover with WD-40 and then dry with clean soft cotton cloth, remove and wash plastic face plate and eject button then reinstall, test the drive and align the heads using special software and an alignment disk. I offer all of these services. I am also willing to help (consult) for free.

Edited by TheAtariKing

I will let you know. I was the one that made the offer. i offered him $50 for it and mainly for the case and the keyboard. I have an Atari Mist that I am going to be installing in it, so I'm gutting it anyway. And i would never dismantle a perfectly good ST. but a broken one, why not. I can see what parts are good to keep for my other ST's and what is trash. And make my mist look like a mega, instead of that generic case it comes in.

Edited by locnar77

I will let you know. I was the one that made the offer. i offered him $50 for it and mainly for the case and the keyboard. I have an Atari Mist that I am going to be installing in it, so I'm gutting it anyway. And i would never dismantle a perfectly good ST. but a broken one, why not. I can see what parts are good to keep for my other ST's and what is trash. And make my mist look like a mega, instead of that generic case it comes in.

If you decide to throw away the motherboard because it is bad, I would be willing to buy it from you. I will repair it, then refurbish it and use it for my Atari ST Tower project.

Grats man, now I wish I had offered when I had the chance. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

so i got everything put into the megafile 30 case, adapted everything so it looks right from the outside, cut in a slot for the sd card in the front, hooked up all the led's to the stock front panel ones. even got a Mega ST4 case badge for the front :)

post-40600-0-37097900-1433095918_thumb.jpg

post-40600-0-89985700-1433095923_thumb.jpg

• Like 3