IGNORED

Atari2600.com Shipping?

davidmeek

I have been a customer of theirs for several years now and recently went to order a few small black manuals. When I went to place the order, the shipping charges were listed as being 17.50 no matter if I had one manual oreder or several. I have never been charged this much for shipping before. The total cost of the manuals was only 14.00 and the shipping was 17.50 for a total of 31.50 for just a few small black manuals. I am really hoping this is not some new shipping charge. That is ridiculous to pay more for shipping than the actual cost of the item. Is anyone else experiencing this issue as well?

I haven't ordered from them for awhile and I just put 1 game in the cart and the shipping estimate was 17.50. I hope that's a mistake. That's more than standard shipping from some Japan based import sellers.

If that's the case he's going to lose a lot of business. There's no way I'm paying that kind of money for shipping.

Does anyone know what's happened to Joe? Is he even still running this business? Did he go to CGE or any other shows this year? Is he winding it down?

..Al

Here is a video from late June, he has shifted his business to ebay.

http://gamester81.com/epic-gaming-haul-10000-games-300-systems/

Does anyone know what's happened to Joe? Is he even still running this business? Did he go to CGE or any other shows this year? Is he winding it down?

..Al

Yes, as CPUWIZ said, he just does the ebay store and ships atari2600.com orders once a month with no mention of a wait or communication of any kind

He should consider taking down the Atari2600.com store if it takes him that long to ship orders out and he's not communicating at all. I can only assume he has a ton of items on eBay (don't know what his account is), and that eBay is a higher priority for shipping and communication in order to maintain good feedback.

..Al

• Like 1

Pretty sure I saw him at Portland. I thought Gamester81 said in a different thread that Joe's eBay Store is "the-video-game-gallery" and if correct, he currently has nearly 6,500 items up, all Buy It Now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/the-video-game-gallery/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Agreed he should discontinue Atari2600.com store and move the merchandise to eBay if that's where his focus is. The items I sent him an email about 3 weeks ago (and am still waiting for a reply) are not up on eBay and I assume now that he no longer has them.

Yeah, wow, that type of setup would keep you busy non-stop. He's received over 750 feedback ratings in the last month alone, which means he's probably sold at least 1,000 items in that time. It's an enormous amount of effort to maintain that many items on eBay and shipping items as they sell. Say he's selling 1,000 items a month--that's 33 items a day he'd have to ship, if he was doing it 7 days a week. Doing it just 5 days a week and that jumps to nearly 50 items a day he'd need to ship. And then you need time to continually list new items, as well as acquire more inventory (especially if you're going through it that quickly!)

I can see how Atari2600.com has fallen by the side.

..Al

• 1 month later...

It appears now that Atari2600.com has returned to their more reasonable shipping charges based on items ordered instead of that 17.50 flat fee.

Very happy that this has been done. I'm sure that he realized people would not pay more for shipping cost than the actual cost of the items he sold.

• 5 months later...

Well here is Joe C. Amazing buys games cheap just to resell at insane prices!! I will not buy from his ebay store!!

He has always been a reseller, I don't think he ever collected. He was different though before as his prices were "fair" he always shipped asap and he would respond immediately on any questions/concerns. I wouldn't mind paying a little more to get games from him, plus I could get a bunch I needed all at once/etc...

Now he just sucks....that is all there is to it, atari2600.com is dead to me.

• Like 1

so i have 2 orders from atari2600.com that i have been waiting on since may 26th for one and may 29th for the other(

since nobody cares to answer the phone or emails should i have pp make some noise for me on the issue?

until now ive never had any problems from them about getting what i paid for etc.

i would rather get the items than the refund.

so i have 2 orders from atari2600.com that i have been waiting on since may 26th for one and may 29th for the other(

since nobody cares to answer the phone or emails should i have pp make some noise for me on the issue?

until now ive never had any problems from them about getting what i paid for etc.

i would rather get the items than the refund.

Yes definetley get paypal to sick em. It's a dead site and business. You will never hear back from him. I boycotted them. They used to be top notch.