IGNORED

ET sequel?

I noticed there was a GBA ET game under the glass at GameXChange. About $4.95 or $5.95 or so. I had no idea they made a "sequel" to the infamous Atari classic. Is it any good, or as abysmal as the first? I might go back and pick it up just as a curiosity.

GB,%20E.T..JPG

Edited by stardust4ever

I think the VCS had a better rendition of the ET theme music than that GBA game!

Definitely. I'd say that the GBA version is just as bad. It was torture just watching the video. And the final stage where you build the transmitter is so horridly broken the guy couldn't beat it within the timeframe. No pits but like the 2600 version, there's tons of aimless running around, and lots more of it! I would definitely nominate this game for an AVGN review.

And that game cart can sit and rot under the glass at GXC. Even for 5 bucks it's not worth it.

Well, there is E.T. Phone Home for the Atari 8-bit computers too.

Moby Games lists 9 licensed games, plus that of course there were a couple of unlicensed ones. The list on Moby might be far from complete, as it seems unlikely 14 years passed between the Atari 8-bit game and the next MS DOS game.

http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/et-the-extra-terrestrial-licensees

• Like 1