IGNORED

Move along folks, nothing to see here!

Irgendwer

Running on 32bit WinXP - Chrome - the resulting executable looks like skewed lines

Running on IE8 (probably not supported :) -

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.5; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 22:04:33 UTC
Line: 27
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: file:///D:/UTILS/JAG-Creator/JAG-Creator/script/FileSaver.js
Line: 220
Char: 712
Code: 0
URI: file:///D:/UTILS/JAG-Creator/JAG-Creator/script/jagcreator.js

Running on 32bit WinXP - Chrome - the resulting executable looks like skewed lines

You seriously use Windows XP today? I kicked that Virus and Malware sucker with the 1st release of Vista in 2007... and now it's 7, 8 ... 8.1 ... year 2015 and ....Windows 10 is coming ;)

The tool works great in 8.1 with IE 11.... btw.

Running on IE8 (probably not supported :) -

Hmm... the result should look like skewed lines... (screenshot?). Only problem with Chromium I have, is the recognition of the right mouse button (maybe I add something here).

IE8 is much too old. Current Firefox under WinXP (if it has to be this OS) runs the program perfectly.

BTW: My environment is Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS - proving that the application is really platform independent ;). (Runs on my Phablet too).

Thanks for feedback and esp. for the both donations - you know who you are!

• Like 1

You seriously use Windows XP today? I kicked that Virus and Malware sucker with the 1st release of Vista in 2007... and now it's 7, 8 ... 8.1 ... year 2015 and ....Windows 10 is coming ;)

The tool works great in 8.1 with IE 11.... btw.

Nice tool, it must be really "delivery" doing it in JS.

Anyway, I have troubles utilizing right click. IE11 nor Opera responds (win8.1)... is there any other way to set register (arrow) in settings window?

Edited by matosimi

Anyway, I have troubles utilizing right click. IE11 nor Opera responds (win8.1)... is there any other way to set register (arrow) in settings window?

I will add an alternative operation soon (see above). Until then, you are forced to select the colours manually with the selector, when not it FF.

I will add an alternative operation soon (see above). Until then, you are forced to select the colours manually with the selector, when not it FF.

Ah, ok. I was bit confused, thought I was doing something wrong.

Also other bug... range stopped working after several clicks... so even if I set range for color, whole column gets filled with selected color. -my bad, now i know that range is filled with color when i click it... (i clicked buttons above columns before)

anyway, very nice work, do you plan to publish it somewhere online?

I'm quite surprised you did so nice manual, it must took some serious time...

Edited by matosimi

Nice tool, it must be really "delivery" doing it in JS.

Funny, I have to admit that feature doesn't work in IE11. Didn't need that as I prefered to set the colours by visuals.

Could you please supply the source image and JCM so that I may be able to reproduce the bug?

I found the solution already. When the picture is smaller than 320 pixel, it's shown correctly, but it saves the picture with that lesser resolution, resulting in that lining garbage. Resizing the image before, everything is fine.

post-2756-0-26657400-1420896979_thumb.png

One request, if possible: The colour chosing seems to have a priority in chosing colours. Is it possible to set a preferred colour?

It doesn't set "red" because a grey is already at that position, and if you remove the grey, it ajusts the whole colour range instead of using red.

alien.xex

One request, if possible: The colour chosing seems to have a priority in chosing colours. Is it possible to set a preferred colour?

It doesn't set "red" because a grey is already at that position, and if you remove the grey, it ajusts the whole colour range instead of using red.

Yes, I'm aware of that problem. Pure mathematics (see chapter 5, point 3 in the manual). I tought already about user influence for colour mapping (preferring colour even brightness is more off).

I may add it, even this forces stronger grille effect.

Yes, I'm aware of that problem. Pure mathematics (see chapter 5, point 3 in the manual). I tought already about user influence for colour mapping (preferring colour even brightness is more off).

I may add it, even this forces stronger grille effect.

Possibly it could help to use the 16 values for gr. 9 for calculations. At least it could be possible to get the right colour in those scanlines, which would be fairly enough.

this art is incredible

may I dare ask what Atari graphics mode is this?

it looks like gr. 8 but with many colors

some sort of hybrid mode ...

thanks

It's interleaved "gr.10/gr.9" . It's actually 80 pixels per scanline and the different modes create that half pixel offset. The colours were used to be as close as possible together, to remove the most scanline artefacts.

As long as the same colours can be used, it looks like a solid graphicsmode. In the alien picture , you see scanlines, because gr. 9 has 16 shades of a colour and paletted modes ( Gr.10 )use 8 shades. As long as those "grille" effect is that small, it doesn't interfere with the image. Vice Versa, the 16 shades enhance the depth and overall view of the image clearly.

Edited by emkay
  • Like 1