Posted Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 PM

9.2 on the TIPI seems a LOT faster!

#452 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,805 posts

Posted Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:02 PM

HEY EVERYONE!  If you use Stuart's Internet browser, go to GROUP CHAT at MYTI99.COM... you'll see a piece of news that is BLOODY AWESOME!

#453 Stuart OFFLINE  

Stuart

Dragonstomper

• 854 posts

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 PM

A TIPI-compatible version of my Internet Browser is now available - go here [http://www.stuartcon...et_web_browser] and scroll down to the "TIPI Version" heading for specific instructions.

It is considerably faster to download pages than the serial port version, and also supports the TIPI mouse.

Edited by Stuart, Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 PM.

#454 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,805 posts

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:15 PM

Plan to have a video out on this by next Wednesday.

#455 wolhess OFFLINE  

wolhess

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:21 AM

A TIPI-compatible version of my Internet Browser is now available - go here []http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#internet_web_browser] and scroll down to the "TIPI Version" heading for specific instructions.

It is considerably faster to download pages than the serial port version, and also supports the TIPI mouse.

Hi you did a Great work. I tested your Browser today with my Tipi system and it is Amazing to show internet pages and use programs over the Internet with our TI from 1981

#456 jonecool OFFLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 153 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:57 AM

This is AWESOME Stuart, I tried it out last night and am really impressed!  I'm seriously considering making a TI-only section on my http://wagnerstechta...retro-computing site just for your browser.  Of course, it may take me a little while to develop but should be fun to give it a go.  

Edited by jonecool, Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:03 AM.

#457 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,805 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:13 AM

I'm seriously considering making a TI-only section on my http://wagnerstechta...retro-computing site just for your browser.  Of course, it may take me a little while to develop but should be fun to give it a go.  

Awesome!  I'll put it in my FAVS file!

#458 jonecool OFFLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 153 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:19 AM

Awesome!  I'll put it in my FAVS file!

OK, had to play during lunch :)  A simple page was created at wagnerstechtalk.com/ti99/z.htm .  I'll add some actual content this weekend.  Too cool!

Edited by jonecool, Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:08 PM.

#459 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,286 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:20 PM

i threw together this.. http://www.thekeep.net/titest.htm

#460 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,805 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:28 PM

OK, had to play during lunch :)  A simple page was created at wagnerstechtalk.com/ti99/z.htm .  I'll add some actual content this weekend.  Too cool!

Sounds good to me!

msg-35324-0-66065600-1553192831_thumb.jp

#461 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,805 posts

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:33 PM

i threw together this.. http://www.thekeep.net/titest.htm

Works!

Attached Files

#462 jonecool OFFLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 153 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 AM

Just curious if there is a way to test the TI-rendering of a web page in Stuart's Bowser using Classic99?  I tried to run it last night in Clasic99 but it stated TIPI not found and stopped, not sure if there is another way of running it or emulating the TIPI.  I'm looking at this for a way to test the rendering between the web page+browser without having to walk between the PC & the TI (not enough desk space in one location for both).

Edited by jonecool, Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 AM.

#463 Stuart OFFLINE  

Stuart

Dragonstomper

• 854 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 PM

Just curious if there is a way to test the TI-rendering of a web page in Stuart's Bowser using Classic99?  I tried to run it last night in Clasic99 but it stated TIPI not found and stopped, not sure if there is another way of running it or emulating the TIPI.  I'm looking at this for a way to test the rendering between the web page+browser without having to walk between the PC & the TI (not enough desk space in one location for both).

If you're happy editing the web page on the TI, what I think might work is to put the content of your page in the FAVS file in the TIPI BROWSER directory. You should be able to edit this file using the E/A Editor. Then load the browser then load the FAVS file by pressing "I" - the FAVS file is just a 'local' web page. Then back to the E/A Editor and make some more edits, and so on. When your page is complete, go back to your PC and you should be able to download the FAVS file in the TIPI web interface and get the text back out of it.

Haven't tried this, but I think it might work ...

#464 jonecool OFFLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 153 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 PM

Thank you Stuart, I'll give this a try!  I did wind up clearing some temporary desk space to give this a try :)  Not much content yet, but adding to it:  http://wagnerstechtalk.com/ti99/z.htm

If you're happy editing the web page on the TI, what I think might work is to put the content of your page in the FAVS file in the TIPI BROWSER directory. You should be able to edit this file using the E/A Editor. Then load the browser then load the FAVS file by pressing "I" - the FAVS file is just a 'local' web page. Then back to the E/A Editor and make some more edits, and so on. When your page is complete, go back to your PC and you should be able to download the FAVS file in the TIPI web interface and get the text back out of it.

Haven't tried this, but I think it might work ...

#465 jonecool OFFLINE  

jonecool

Chopper Commander

• 153 posts

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 PM

Thanks Stuart, this is fun!  On a TI, visit: wagnerstechtalk.com/ti99/z.htm

Attached File  20190322_184804.jpg   1018.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190322_184824.jpg   687.51KB   0 downloads

#466 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,805 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:51 PM

If you don't want to manually log in to MYTI99.COM manually all the time, edit the URL in your FAVS file to something like this...

/?a=li&u=Username&p=PinNumber

#467 ElectricLab OFFLINE  

ElectricLab

Moonsweeper

• 260 posts

Posted Today, 4:47 PM

If you don't want to manually log in to MYTI99.COM manually all the time, edit the URL in your FAVS file to something like this...

/?a=li&u=Username&p=PinNumber

Hopefully this won't be necessary much longer :) It kind of sucks to have to use the querystring to maintain state, not to mention divulging your username/pin in all your screen shots.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TI-99/4A, SOFTWARE, INTERNET

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users