IGNORED

Was the Atari Falcon sold here in the USA?...

Huh? What part of terra do you live?

I said that Commodore's PC's were sold at Toys 'R Us in the U.S.A. And they were. I saw them with my own eyes - and naturally, laughed out loud! On the base shelf of their narrow locked glass case walls with the rest of their un-demonstrable systems of the time. Chicago suburbs to be exact. Highland Park for sure. Probably Niles, Evanston, Waukegan, Lombard, St. Charles, Elgin, etc. as well.

Next sentence of yours says that you've read they sold the C64's as well Yes, of course they did. Along with the XEGS (130XE surely as well) at the very same time. To be exact, TRU also sold C64c's (128's surely) and Amiga 500's alongside their 8088 PC's. Also remember seeing 1802's, 1902's, 2002's, 1084's, etc.

What I meant was "No, not in this country they weren't geniuses at marketing"; you misunderstood me.

Edited by newataridave

Ugh... I did! Was in a super funky mood after hearing about the Sharknado (2600 homebrew) cancellation last night. haha

1001 apologies my friend. :)

No worries! :) There weren't that many computer stores in the early 1980's, but IMO, Commodore should have bought shelf space (or whatever you had to do to get your product in computer stores back then) in those stores instead of going to Toys 'R US.

No worries! :) There weren't that many computer stores in the early 1980's, but IMO, Commodore should have bought shelf space (or whatever you had to do to get your product in computer stores back then) in those stores instead of going to Toys 'R US.

There was Computerland where you could make friends with the future. National computer sales chain; perhaps the first.

The problem with Commodore was that it was a shoddy cheap company that drove the 8-bit computer market down the tubes with its race-to-the-bottom unsustainable price cut shenanigans and unfortunately Americans fell for it and bought their products instead of Atari's 8-bit computers. The Vic-20 probably cost Atari about 1 million in 2600 console sales because parents fell for William Shatner's Commodore tv commercials claiming their little Johnny would grow up stupid if they bought a 2600 instead of a Commodore toy computer.

Edited by Lynxpro

From this video, it doesn't look like any of the Commodore PCs were built to play games on:

Heck, you could say the PC platform in general, wasn't "built" to play games. But the damned thing sure persevered! Hobbled along and disguised itself as a machine capable of playing games. :lol:

Heck, you could say the PC platform in general, wasn't "built" to play games. But the damned thing sure persevered! Hobbled along and disguised itself as a machine capable of playing games. :lol:

Good point! As long as these Commodore PCs had the right specs for a PC game, I'm sure you could run games on them, Just like any PC back in the day, or today.