IGNORED

The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback

Byte Knight

me personally i would want coleco flashback as default cause those are what i would use on the flashback most. (Always)

I hear you but the idea is to promote the use of the steering wheel, rollerball, and super action controllers. The ultimate interface exists to support the hardware that requires two inputs such as the Intellivision keyboard, piano, and the Coleco rollerball. If all you cared about was 2 joysticks, you could use 2 vision'daptors.

I hear you but the idea is to promote the use of the steering wheel, rollerball, and super action controllers. The ultimate interface exists to support the hardware that requires two inputs such as the Intellivision keyboard, piano, and the Coleco rollerball. If all you cared about was 2 joysticks, you could use 2 vision'daptors.

but i love the ultimate pc interface cause i can also use all the other controllers.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. force_edid_audio makes no difference. I tried the Pi on another TV and everything works. So there is some incompatibility between Raspbian/Retropie/EmulationStation/JZIntv and a Dell U2414. The Dell works fine with Chromecast and a Bluray player. Huh.

i fixed the problem. add this line of code to your config.txt file:

hdmi_force_edid_audio=1

i do not have Hdmi_drive=2 turned on

i do have the following ones turned on:

config_hdmi_boost=4

hdmi_mode=1

Again, thanks for the suggestions. force_edid_audio makes no difference. I tried the Pi on another TV and everything works. So there is some incompatibility between Raspbian/Retropie/EmulationStation/JZIntv and a Dell U2414. The Dell works fine with Chromecast and a Bluray player. Huh.

yeah the tv i bought today had no audio and that fixed it when the other audio option wouldnt. Not sure your solution then. Cant really help you further as my trouble shooting has been solved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

This place is a great source for information and inspiration.

However I have som trouble with setting up my Ultimate INTV Flashback.

Everything is working except my controllers. I use flashback controllers with vision daptors.

Controllers and daptors check out great. The problem is i can't use the dial buttons 1-9. I can use the controllers as a normal gamepad with the side buttons.

2 player game doesn't work either.

I run Retropie 2.6

I have transfered allt the files in the folder from intellivision.us

What is the next step in order to get all the buttons and 2 player game work with second controller?

Would be very grateful for help jam trying to set this up for my kids Birthday on saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember putting just one space before and after the equals sign in this file:

Classic.Dpad.X = ABS_X

Classic.Dpad.Y = ABS_Y

Classic.LStick.X = ABS_HAT0X

Classic.LStick.Y = ABS_HAT0Y

Classic.RStick.X = ABS_HAT1X

Classic.RStick.Y = ABS_HAT1Y

Classic.A = BTN_A

Classic.B = BTN_B

Classic.X = BTN_X

Classic.Y = BTN_Y

Classic.Minus = BTN_SELECT

Classic.Plus = BTN_START

Classic.Home = BTN_MODE

Classic.L = BTN_TL

Classic.R = BTN_TR

Classic.ZL = BTN_TL2

Classic.ZR = BTN_TR2

Wiimote.A = BTN_A

Wiimote.B = BTN_B

Wiimote.Dpad.X = -ABS_Y

Wiimote.Dpad.Y = ABS_X

Wiimote.Minus = BTN_SELECT

Wiimote.Plus = BTN_START

Wiimote.Home = BTN_MODE

Wiimote.1 = BTN_X

Wiimote.2 = BTN_Y

i solved the classic controller analog issue by ditching the bluetooth and going with a mayflash dual classic controller pro adapter. Nothing needed to set it up. I can post all my configs for it if you like.

post-30773-0-79863300-1436614499_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mostly working now except for some of the Homebrews. The ones I actually care about are D2K and Ms Pacman. Has anyone gotten those working? My JZIntv is from the Retropie 3 release for Pi2.

These games work fine with the latest version of jzintv for the Pi, which I don't believe is up on Joel's site yet. I sent you a PM with the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to be able to get jzintv to work on my Macbook Pro but it may be that I give up to easily in my frustration. I have all the Games on my Cuttle Cart 3. I just need to take the time to do it I think.

Fortunately, we get to use the best emulator out there - jzintv! The sound output is near perfect as far as I can tell. To not have the famous Intellivision buzz with the Flashback is very disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy every version of the Flashback that comes out...

Edited by BBWW