IGNORED

2048K Cartridge

Ksarul

• 3 months later...

HI! First time poster ... Just rescued my old TI99 and PEB.. having fun collecting games I always dreamed of having.

Anywho.. is this cart going to be available again soon?

It's out of stock at arcadeshopper

Edited by djugel

HI! First time poster ... Just rescued my old TI99 and PEB.. having fun collecting games I always dreamed of having.

Anywho.. is this cart going to be available again soon?

Try hitting user Ksarul (Jim) or or arcadeshopper (Greg) here up for one...

-edit-

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

It wasn't ever tested against a 99/4, but we can pull ours out and replicate the tests you did to see if it is a general issue. . .another thought is to test it against other ROM-only cartridges (TI didn't make any of these, so you have to try third-party or homebrew carts) to see if they work.

So, I guess the original /4A code that allowed the use of ROM-only cartridges was thus a bug that TI "fixed" with the V2.2 upgrade, as that was returning the machine's behavior with cartridges to its original 99/4 specification. . .

More than likely, yeah, someone probably decided to use the extra space in the 4A ROM to add support for ROM cartridges. It's well documented that it was removed because TI felt third parties were abusing it. ;) I'd say the only mystery is whether adding it was deliberate, or just some kind-hearted engineer. ;)

We can test Playground on the 4 in Classic99. :) Just depends on whether the same buffer overflow is present (probably) and whether the scratchpad layout is compatible...

Edit: in a quick test all I had handy was the original 'LIFE' sample... all three modes on that crash. Which means the overflow part of the bug works, but the scratchpad layout is different. Edit2: tried again with the final release, and it crashes on the 4 too. ;)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 3