IGNORED

What is a fair price for a 7800?

dashv

My local mom and pop show has a 7800 but he's not letting it go yet until he figures out a price for it.

It's just the console. No hookups. No controllers.

Might not even have a power supply.

Assuming it's working how much is fair?

How hard is it to find a replacement power supply?

CHECK THE PRICE of 7800 power supplies. They were - at last check - absolutely out-of-sight on Ebay. Therefore, a console missing one is diminished in value, accordingly. An exceptionally-mint console (works, no scratches, no scratches on the aluminum trim) might be still worth a few bucks, but not a run-of-the-mill scratched/beat-up console, with no PS, no controllers, and therefore likely untested - should go cheap.

I don't see why you would even bother with it --- when you can get a console, power supply, 2 controllers, and a few games for around $50-$60 off ebay. Maybe cheaper.

Good responses guys. He may sell it to me for between $10-20. I don't know for certain that it's without the power supply. All I saw was the console but it was in a box with other random stuff. Like a Dreamcast light gun, and a (non-heavy) 2600 six switcher.

I have tons of 2600 controllers, paddles, and several games already (3 7800 games and over 60 2600 games).

I just don't have a 7800.

I'll see if he has the power supply and can verify it works. If it does offer him $15 and see what he says.

Edited by dashv

Power Supply:

http://www.amazon.com/Ac-Power-Adapter-Atari-7800-System/dp/B007PE1OZY

If you look at the 'bought together" you can get the RF to Coaxial adapter also (RF TV Coaxial F Plug Female Adapter)

Also this one isn't the cheepest- just one I have one of so I know it works.

Edited by FireTiger
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you an idea - I paid $35 shipped for my 7800 with two controllers and a good handful of games, at least two CIB.

I checked back in. He doesn't have the power adapter for it.

He offered to sell it to me for $10 but I declined. I'd rather not spend $14 on a power brick only to learn the console itself doesn't work.

No 7800's have been on my local craigslist in the past several months.

Ebay looks like my only option at the moment for something known to be working.

Edited by dashv