IGNORED

Dungeon Hunt – a new game for the Atari 8 Bit!

jacobus

I had DMed the author a couple of times asking if I could buy an ATR but was ignored.

It seems a pity the distribution of the electronic version was so restricted since it looks like the author did a good job on it.

Is the demo still available so I can at least see what the fuss is about?

It was too good to be true

I sincerely hope so!

For the record, one of my first experiences here at AtariAge was a nasty email exchange with guntar over a simple difference of opinion - guntar quickly moved to insults and putdowns to try to make his case and I have been trying to ignore him ever since.

I write games for the Atari because I enjoy writing games for the Atari. I have no expectations of becoming rich (hell, I barely broke even on the DH sales), I do it because I have fun doing it. Because of that, I have absolutely no tolerance for a-holes who try to get in the way of my enjoyment. At the same time I have a tremendous amount of respect and gratitude for the people who purchased (and some of them purchased multiple copies!) Dungeon Hunt when it was on sale. I really don't want to risk cheapening their investment by either putting it in the public domain or diluting the market by adding more copies (no quantitative easing here!)

Again, thank you to everyone who purchased a copy, and since I can't say it too often and huge thank you to my beta testers who really helped make the game a success!

Ahh, so now we finally get to the bottom of it and to why I've been ignored by you with my PM, etc. I honestly don't have any idea what you are talking about, it might have happened, and I'll have to take your word for it, but I've long since forgotten about it and don't want to remember or be reminded and I don't hold grudges. It's a shame you do. If I had remembered any of that or held grudges like you seem too, I never would have concerned myself with any of this, I apologize for what ever it was we argued over and any insults I aimed toward you, but it must have been very long ago and I just don't recall. I do know that I never start insults, I only retaliate in self defense, so you must have said something to me that at the time I at least thought was an insult toward me, whether it was meant or not for me to insult you. In any case, again, I'm sorry for whatever it was and I still don't hold grudges. And no, this is not an attempt to change your mind toward me or get a copy of your game, free or payed. I just don't care anymore. I have moved on as far as this all goes, I just wanted to say my peace toward my accuser. I will accept that you want nothing to do with me and avoid you in the future. Good bye.

Edited by Gunstar

I've just woken up here in the UK in to a mini storm, I posted a newer demo supplied to me by Jacobus that had been on the ABBUC disks with a manual which again was on the disk, I did send a request for permission to Jacobus but after waiting a bit I as it seems wrongly decided to post the demo and manual on here, I have since had a mail from Jacobus asking me to take it down but I was asleep at the time and a moderator has done it for him. Obviously I should have waited for permission but I simply decided it was a non full game and as another person had shown the same interest in playing a demo I thought I'd post a better demo of it so people got a better quality of demo, sadly this wasn't the right move and I apologise to Jacobus, it was done with the right intentions.

I've always promoted our fine devs and simply thought a demo would do no harm, sadly there's been a rumbling between Jacobus and another person in this thread and I inadvertently landed in the middle of it.

As said, my deepest apologies to Jacobus, I should have awaited permission but it was done to promote the game as it was a demo, my mistake...

Paul...

To be honest I'm a little peeved as well....What was done was purely for the best reasons and I feel I'm getting the fallout of the mini feud...

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 10 months later...

Ah, late to the party again I see :-( I'm working my way through the Antic podcasts - and I just recently listened to the one talking about this game.

Jim

It wouldn't hurt to contact Jacobus. He might have some extra's squirreled away. I think he did another release on cart at some point.

It wouldn't hurt to contact Jacobus. He might have some extra's squirreled away. I think he did another release on cart at some point.

"The member jacobus cannot receive any new messages"

Jacobus - if you're seeing this - I'd be interested in a copy if possible

Jim

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like (the full versions of) Dungeon Hunt and Dungeon Hunt II are now freely available to the public.

Quote from Fandal's website: "Special bonus: James Wilkinson has decided to release his two great commercial games Dungeon Hunt and Dungeon Hunt II to the public! "

• Like 6

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been having a bit of fun with this over the last few days - but there's something I've been wondering about this first game compared to the second, and that's around the Mana stat. Are there spells for using it like in the second? Or is it for something else (which the earlier draft manual doesn't highlight)?

I've been having fun so far (made it to level 8 so far), and would love to get to the end of this before trying out the sequel!