IGNORED

7800 Arcade Joystick Sale

UberArcade

I shipped out all of the paid orders today. The remaining ones I have parts to build have been spoken for.

If you plan to buy one soon or want one available before Christmas let me know. I will have to order more parts. I would rather build them now since I have my work space setup for it. I don't mind holding one for you for a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

So....guess what just arrived at my desk!

Holy crap, this controller is freaking GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to give it a spin! Might have to wait until tomorrow morning while my wife is showering though...(have way too much work to do tonight...) I just spent a few minutes tapping the fire buttons and imagining throwing endless watermelons at chefs. :)

Has anyone tried the "retro bit" USB adapter that is on ebay and Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Link-Atari-PC-USB-Cable/dp/B007ZS35CU

TIA

"And just now i re-tested the 7800 controller and the second button doesn't respond at all"

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/205967-genesis-to-pc-usb-cable-retrolink-question/?do=findComment&comment=2658163

• Like 1

Hi, I just got home from work expecting my Arcade controller. All sad and having to wait another day. Fifteen minutes after I'm home, USPS is pulling into my driveway. Gave this awesome controller a test run on Jr Pac Man, Galaga, River Raid, and Pitfall. Works so nice! Very well built, beautiful arcade controller. Very worth the money for this. Thank you so much UberArcade! Permeant smile on my face!

Yup! The adapter support the second button of the 7800 joystick. You need to flash in the appropriate code though.

The 7800 is different from a standard 2600ish. The second button can be read via a third pin in reverse logic. This maintain the compatibility with the standard; both buttons work as the single one on 2600ish machines.

Plus, the adapter can accept paddles if you have some.

The more you know... ;)

See my small wiki on 7800 joysticks: http://www.retronicdesign.com/en/specifications/atari-7800-joystick/

Edited by Nitz1976

Just got mine yesterday but thoroughly enjoy it. Took a few minutes to get accustomed to (I'd been using a Europad), but I give it a huge thumbs up. Got some excellent scores on Food Fight and Ms Pac Man so far. :)

post-26714-0-67296500-1417364313_thumb.jpg

post-26714-0-33061400-1417364385_thumb.jpg

post-26714-0-41889800-1417364403_thumb.jpg

And as you can see, I R a prfessionall fotografter. :P But you asked, so there are some pics.

• Like 2