IGNORED

7800 Arcade Joystick Sale

UberArcade

I still haven't had a chance to try mine out yet; just too busy lately. However, a couple of friends are coming over tomorrow -- including one who's a 7800 fan from way back; if she hints that she wants to play Desert Falcon or something...!

Played a game of the updated Scramble.

I tried 3 times and almost finished all stages on easy. With my nes pads all the others the last stage I would die after 2 tight turns. Now I can almost make it thru them all.

The directional accuracy makes the difference..

I am selling two of my early joysticks if anyone is interested. $75 shipped in the US. Outside US is extra for shipping.

They both work fine. I just don't need them anymore.

One is a hard ABS plastic case with an OMNI2 4/8 way switchable joystick. (black ball top, red buttons)

Other is an aluminum case with an 8 way leaf switch joystick. (red ball top, yellow buttons)

Both have leaf switch buttons.

Send me a PM if you want either one.

post-20333-0-10780600-1418742772_thumb.jpg

post-20333-0-74409600-1418742781_thumb.jpg

Just some further thoughts...

This is an AWESOME stick, no question about it. However, I have noticed that it's not very responsive if you need to make very quick turns. Case in point -- any of the Pac-Man games in "turbo" mode, including both the 7800 PacManPlus-created games and on MAME as well. Works fantastically well otherwise.

And now thanks to the ÜberArcade joystick and the USB adapter I just bought, I'm now VERY addicted to Tapper. :)

• Like 1

Just some further thoughts...

This is an AWESOME stick, no question about it. However, I have noticed that it's not very responsive if you need to make very quick turns. Case in point -- any of the Pac-Man games in "turbo" mode, including both the 7800 PacManPlus-created games and on MAME as well. Works fantastically well otherwise.

And now thanks to the ÜberArcade joystick and the USB adapter I just bought, I'm now VERY addicted to Tapper. :)

Yeah, I am still not satisfied with playing Pac with any 8-way joystick even the switching ones. Turbo mode is tough overall. I don't like the speed up mode on a real arcade game either since I usually zoom past where I want to turn.

I think the only solution is going to be a new Pac-Man themed joystick with a good 4-way stick on it. Maybe a dual stick Robotron themed one too while I am at it. :)

• Like 3

How about a combo stick? One joystick that can be used for Robotron & Pac Man.

Have a unit with 3 joysticks. The two on either end can be for Robotron, and the one in the middle can be for Pac Man. You could even have a button or two on either side for left and righthand players (to use for other games).

Edited by 7800

The whole idea is to have a single unit that can be used for any game (with the exception of paddle/driving games)

What makes it even better is it would be perfect for games that require 2 joysticks, like Defender II --- You need the player 2 controller for the warp/missile functions.

He could either have 3 ports on the back of the unit for the wires, or 2 ports (one player side being switchable between 4 way and 8 way).

Well why on earth didn't you get one at the cge ?

one reason is because, it was loose not boxed.

plus it was stuck in bag all other loose parts (no idea if it actually worked)

one main reason, was I'm not sure my 7800's(I have two) are still good because I might have fried them by conecting

a 9 volt to it. if I see a 7800 power supply eith at mgc ,vgs(my show),or cge next time I will jump on it.

I don't think they even sold it at cge because since it was in bag with other items,no one really knew what it was.

BTW, you don't need a 7800 for this joystick....works on a 2600 too, and I've been using it with MAME (both local and via The Internet Archive) with an adapter.

kind of figured that, its just that I have 7800 need a ps for it. might be interested the arcade controller though for use on the 2600, maybe next year which happens to be tomarow lol

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: I have three joysticks built and ready for sale. You can buy them at http://classicjoysticks.com I know people are typically all spent out after Christmas though.

If you plan to purchase one in the future you may want to do so in the next couple of months. I have used over half of the overlays I have. I will probably not print more of this design after they are gone. Just wanted to let people know who are on the fence about buying one that this will be a limited thing. I will be doing some other related projects. Thanks