IGNORED

7800 Arcade Joystick Sale

UberArcade

I got a left one. I was not sure what hand I used for arcades. Kinda like playing a guitar the left hand does the more intricate movement and right hand does the striking. So the left hand one works well for me and I am right handed.

Your left thumb runs the d pad and right thumb does the fire buttons?

I dunno it just made more sense.

But when you hold a atari stick you fire with left and move with right.

It is all a matter of preference.

I got a left one. I was not sure what hand I used for arcades. Kinda like playing a guitar the left hand does the more intricate movement and right hand does the striking. So the left hand one works well for me and I am right handed.

Your left thumb runs the d pad and right thumb does the fire buttons?

I dunno it just made more sense.

But when you hold a atari stick you fire with left and move with right.

It is all a matter of preference.

My universal ambidextrous 2600 joystick had redundant dual fire buttons from the get go. Now it also utlizes paddles and 7800 support for the dual fire but that is another matter. The symmetric layout would make using both buttons simultaneously inconvenient. During long sessions I swap back and forth between left and right hands (using my right and left hands on the joystick a roughly equal amount of time) although my dedicated 7800 joystick (for games that actually use both buttons) has the stick on the left like my other Dpad inspired controllers.

I have made 6 with the joystick on the right side. More than I expected. They will obviously be worth more down the road since they are rare. ;)

Hmm...only two of us have posted pics. We need the rest of the "Right Stick Brotherhood" to post their pics!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hey guys, I am selling the last 7800 Prosystem Joysticks I am likely to make. I am down to the last 7. I have not drilled the cases so you can still specify right or left when ordering. I have been selling them on my website http://classicjoysticks.com/ and I am down to the last overlays. It is unlikely I will produce more of this style. If you want one now is the time to get it. You won't find a better joystick. You can order at my website. They will ship out about a week after ordering.

post-20333-0-63598800-1472154251_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I did. It's great. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it. But the brief testing I did on my newly Longhorn Modded 7800, I can say this. I smoked on Galaga. I have barely played it with the stock controllers, but I can tell you it improved my score a TON.

I haven't had a chance to take a pic of the Right Hander yet. I will try to do it later this week.

Now I just need to sort out the best way to deal with Robotron when it shows up later this week. Also Ms Pac-Man is a little rough with the 8 way! I may have to save up for a "4/8 Stick" that I won't mention here. ;) LOL.

I am pleased. Happy Customer. Nice Job UberArcade!

• Like 2

It's funny seeing the right hand love. The first arcade games usually offered buttons on either side of the joystick so I was a right handed player. Games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc forced a change. Man I had my ass handed to me for so long...by kids far too often. Never really got my timing right for fighters...

• Like 1

I just thought back to how I used my original 2600 controllers. Since the button was on the upper left and I used the stick with my right hand. I figured that it would seem logical to have a similar configuration on this stick.

(PS - I am right handed in the rest of my life also)

I just thought back to how I used my original 2600 controllers. Since the button was on the upper left and I used the stick with my right hand. I figured that it would seem logical to have a similar configuration on this stick.

(PS - I am right handed in the rest of my life also)

I think I mentioned this already, I am right handed, but for most activities besides eating and writing, I am comfortabe using either, including keyboarding and gaming. My left hand has trouble hitting multiple buttons though if I put the stick in my right, so for me personally, single button = either hand, multiple button = lefty stick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was making my last 7800 joysticks this weekend (I thought) and I found parts to make two more of them. So back out of retirement for two more sales. :-)

I made them available on my website. I went ahead and drilled the cases so these are available with the joystick on the left only.

Www.ClassicJoysticks.com

• Like 3