IGNORED

Fantastic emulator games?

5argust

• 2 months later...

If you listed what kind of games impressed you so far.. then we could recommend something you haven't yet tried out?

Each person has their own preferences.

For example the coin-op Zaxxon impressed me back in the day, so running it on Mame is very impressive.

Or maybe it's the games you haven't yet played or discovered for yourself - that'll impress you?

Or maybe you'll love the sleeper games - little known of gems that are here and there... if you look for them...

You haven't listed the SNES console - which does have games up to arcade quality - also because it's a home system - there are unique games for it - which are not elsewhere. eg. Super MarioWorld, Super Metroid, Contra IV, Super SWIV, Super Aleste and so on...

Harvey

• Like 1

Each person has their own preferences.

For example the coin-op Zaxxon impressed me back in the day, so running it on Mame is very impressive.

Or maybe it's the games you haven't yet played or discovered for yourself - that'll impress you?

Absolutely correct! Regardless of how simple or basic a game may be, in both technical and gameplay aspects, if I enjoyed something in the arcades I would enjoy it equally in mame.

Zaxxon

Tac/Scan

Gyruss

Assault

Discs of Tron

I, Robot

..and several others

Time Pilot '84 is one of the games I discovered through mame and thoroughly enjoy despite it being hated by lovers of the original first Time Pilot.

But Roadblasters is strangely the opposite. Once I finished the game in the arcades, even years later today, I don't enjoy it that much. One of the few games (if not the only one) like that for me. Dunno why.

But Roadblasters is strangely the opposite. Once I finished the game in the arcades, even years later today, I don't enjoy it that much. One of the few games (if not the only one) like that for me. Dunno why.

With Roadblasters - I'd wonder if it was the control mechanism used in the arcades that made the difference? That you need something very similar at home - to recreate that arcade experience? Same for other like games, with their special controller as such - Afterburner, Galaxy Force II, Thunderblade, Power Drift, Star Wars, etc etc..

I did not see anything nice about the first Time Pilot game - whereas the second version looked way better...

With Mame you can get to see and play all sorts of games you never saw at all in the arcades.

One very playable for me - is Shanghai - and it's the first version that better than all the later versions - in that when you reset this game - it starts wtih an alternate pattern set, and it'll start with a different pattern set for each reset you press. This extends the long term playability of this game. This game probably would seem very odd to be in the arcades at all - as it's all to do with pattern matching - and not action graphics. But to play it in the home with the sound turned off or down - it's probably one of the few really enjoyable "passing time" games around?

Harvey

I am looking for awesome GB, N64,DS,SEGA, MAME and other emulator games. Do you have any to recommend? Thank you in advance.

Which sega system?

For Master System I recommend Wonder Boy III and Phantasy Star.

For MAME I recommend Snow Bros and Ghosts'n Goblins.

For N64 I recoomend Bond and Perfect Dark.

• 1 month later...