IGNORED

New to Ti emulationm help needed.

MrGonker

Hello everyone, I'm new to Ti99 emulation. I have had a ti99/4a since 1983 and always used to like writing my own games in basic and extended basic. However now my Ti has a problem (keeps crashing after in use for more than half an hour) I thought I'd go with an emulator. At the moment I use win994a and classic 99. Win994a runs perfect and I like the tape feature which I use to save my XB programs. I find classic 99 however to be ok but when trying some XB games like intrigues Quasimodo it runs very slow despite what settings I try. What I want to know though is there anyway I can get these games working on win994a? I have tried renaming the dsk image to TIDisk and ir shows in win994a disk manager but I am unable to get it to load. (to be honest I'm not sure what I'm doing with disks hence why I use tapes). Also is there anyway of pasting a txt file into win994a? I know I can do it with classic 99 but again it seems to run really slow. Or should I use another emulator? I see MESS mentioned alot but I couldnt get rhe Ti99 to work on that with dsk images as well. I have used TiDir to view the dsk image as a txt file but other than printing it out and typing it in manually I am struggling a bit.

Thanks for any help

I see MESS mentioned alot but I couldnt get rhe Ti99 to work on that with dsk images as well. I have used TiDir to view the dsk image as a txt file but other than printing it out and typing it in manually I am struggling a bit.

Welcome to our forum!

I'm maintaining the TI-99-related parts of MESS, so if you are interested I can give you some advice to get it going. Also, for handling images I can offer my TIImageTool that is based on Java; see http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php/TIImageTool

As for MESS, you cannot (reliably) paste text into the emulation. I am preparing that feature for my next release of TIImageTool so that you would paste it on a disk image instead of into the emulation itself.

Michael

• Like 1

This is simple to do once you know how.

1-Download TI99DIR

2-Download quasimodo. I went to TI99Gameshelf and downloaded both versions of it (.BIN and .DSK) on my desktop

3-Open Win994a. Click on "Floppy disks" > "Create new floppy disk"> and then create the disk. I usually choose Double sided, single density to match my real hardware.

4-Open TI99DIR. In the left window right click on the folder name at the top. You will get "select another directory". Select your desktop and you should see quasimodo. In the right window choose program files>Burrsoft>Disks. Open the blank disk you just created. There should be nothing there. Go back to the left window, hilight quasimodo and right click. You should get a menu with an option to copy file(s). Click on that and quasimodo will be copied to the folder on the right. (all files that are hilighted will be copied over.)

5-Now you can insert the disk in Win994a and quasimodo should be on it and runnable. (BTW, the disk cannot be inserted when you copy files to it - TI99dir will complain)

Both the downloads could be transferred over this way. If you can't get through step 4 I can make a short video showing how to do it.

Edited by senior_falcon

thanks for the help but i still seem to have trouble loading the disk. I copied the disk as Senior-falcon said and it shows up in the emulator when I press catalog disk as INTERNAL DISK TITLE: QUASI2 FILENAME : Quasi SIZE 51 TYPE I-V LRL 254

The top of the catalog box shows up with QUASI. I have the XB cartridge inserted and 32k ram on.. when I try and load it using OLD "DSK1.QUASI" I get I/O ERROR 07. I get the same error if i try RUN "DSK1.QUASI" or OLD DSK1.QUASI or OLD "DSK1.QUASI2"

Any help on how to load it and if I have copied it right would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

I just did a test and found that Win994a can have two different files on a disk, one named "CAPITALS" and the other named "capitals". (This may be true of the TI99 as well) In your post #5 you are trying to load DSK1.QUASI. In post #6 you are able to load it with DSK.QUASI2.Quasi. I bet it would load fine with DSK1.Quasi.