IGNORED

HSC11 Round 21: "T" Cavemen Trolls Tales Dragons Tribulations

therealbountybob

:-o

Ok round 21 coming up... and the winners of the double poll are:

Trolls and Tribulations &

Tales of Dragons and Cavemen

"Every once in a while a game comes along that you like for no immediately obvious reason."*

Trolls and Tribulations

Fandal ATR Atarimania Info

One of my all time favoiurite games, you get used to the block scrolling and 4 colour graphics, this is a perfect example of superb gameplay. The first stages you pull down to fire at the Cretins! who descend from the top, then push their eggs into the water. Recharge your blaster by pulling down on the power points. Then its off right to get to the exit avoiding skulls and collecting goodies along the way. [Option/F4 = pause]

Tip: You move in full squares and can hold fire as you move to jump as soon as you get to the next square, remembering to release L/R before you get there!

trolls_and_tribulations.png

Top three players must endeavour to collect all treasures on each level

Beat Dodger's HSC record: 130,900 for a bonus point :twisted:

"This is an excellently balanced platformer (albeit obviously an unlicensed clone of Roc'n'Rope)."

Tales of Dragons and Cavemen

Fandal XEX, Atarimania Info

tales_of_dragons_and_cavemen.png

Looks good but not played it, if it is good will be another main game, otherwise will be a bonus game.

May have NTSC issues see here for alternatives [Esc=pause]

Bonus point for highest level reached (only if 1 player reaches it)

Round Ends Monday 1st December 10PM UK time

Have fun!

Welcome Kaisersoft :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tales of Dragons and Cavemen is pretty good so it will also be a main game. Bonus point for the highest unique level reached.

Trolls and Tribulations: Top 3 players must go for all treasures e.g. the one near the end of Maze 3 near the skulls ;)

ToD&C 16,570 after a bunch of goes reached level 4 or possibly 5 the one with the waterfall?

T&T 22,700 warm up go :grin:

TofD+C 23470 level 6

There are only four different boards. After the 4th it starts at the first again but it's quicker.

Still trying to work out some aspects of the game.

You can zap the dragons and cavemen with the torch, still trying to work out why sometimes they get stunned and sometimes they get zapped!

Edit: You can kill them when the egg collecting sound is playing!

Edit: You can also kill them kicking kick them when you're climbing up a rope, but only when the egg collecintg sound is playing

You can kill them by enticing them onto a rope and then taking it away.

If your climbing a rope and one climbs down the rope towards you, you can shoot them with the torch and they die.

Is there any significance to them fading in and out sometimes, or is that just a graphics glitch?

Edit: Can you get that bird thing, or whatever it's carrying, at the top of the screen? Yes you can zap him with the torch but you don't seem to get many points for doing so, more for self defence!

Perhaps I'll read the instructions if there are any, more fun trying to work it out though!

Good game but a bit hard, gets easier once you've mastered the controls

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

Some good info McKong, worthy of a bonus point me thinks :thumbsup:

Trolls and Tribulations 44,600 got to the 2nd level and yikes I forgot how much harder this is! Having to get all the treasures (top 3 players only) makes this much more challenging too especially when you have 3 spaces a skull and the treasure in the middle space!!! Really nice game ;-)

Some good info McKong, worthy of a bonus point me thinks :thumbsup:

Trolls and Tribulations 44,600 got to the 2nd level and yikes I forgot how much harder this is! Having to get all the treasures (top 3 players only) makes this much more challenging too especially when you have 3 spaces a skull and the treasure in the middle space!!! Really nice game ;-)

I tried reading the instructions on Atari Mania but they're in German. I translated some them in google but didn't learn anything new, except that you must be able to stun or kill the bird at the top of the screen with the torch

I tried reading the instructions on Atari Mania but they're in German. I translated some them in google but didn't learn anything new, except that you must be able to stun or kill the bird at the top of the screen with the torch

I'll get bluecat to take a look :thumbsup:

Tales 26,260 (4)

post-19705-0-11154700-1416519890_thumb.jpg

TnT 76,650 (top 3 players can leave one of the two last treasures on Level2 Maze 1) ;)

post-19705-0-39421800-1416519888_thumb.jpg

... useless "something about eggs", well really helpful there :-D

I noticed you can kill them when the egg tune is playing. The flickering was down to the caveman being on the same line as the dragon.

Edited by therealbountybob

I'll get bluecat to take a look :thumbsup:

Tales 26,260 (4)

TnT 76,650 (top 3 players can leave one of the two last treasures on Level2 Maze 1) ;)

... useless "something about eggs", well really helpful there :-D

I noticed you can kill them when the egg tune is playing. The flickering was down to the caveman being on the same line as the dragon.

Ok yeah i was playing with the sound down, so I didn't make the connection with collecting the eggs and killing the badies!

Edited by therealbountybob

Tof DC 44710

Getting into this but keep falling off when I set off to quickly when the rope fails to reach something.

The sounds/trolls remind me of Dig Dug but there's also a bit of Mr Do's! Castle to the feel of it.

30,740 (4)

post-19705-0-26540000-1416594684_thumb.jpg

Trolls and Tribulations

must be approaching my p.b. 110,350 - Level 3 Maze 2 :-o

McKong/CC Forget about the all treasures rule - there are some bits where you need to shimmy to turn on the spot and it all gets too hard... the game is challenging enough as it is :)

post-19705-0-39195500-1416594686_thumb.jpg