IGNORED

Console Classics Video Series

Hey guys, I thought I'd set up a single place to post my stuff. For the last little while, I've been switching my content over to direct capture HD, so I figured now would be a good place to start archiving it. I'll be updating this thread daily, so if you're interested, check back often.

Here's what I've already finished:

Arcade Classics:

Neo-Geo Classics:

PC Engine Classics:

Wii Classics:

PS2 Classics:

PS3 Classics:

PSP Classics:

Xbox Classics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hNcyYGHz1c

That's Tecmo's Team Ninja for you. They were one of the first Japanese developers to get onboard with the Xbox, and they stuck with the Xbox even after most other Japanese developers bailed due to the weak Japanese sales. They also jumped onboard the 360 when it launched with Dead or Alive 4.

What's really impressive about DOA2U is that even compared to Dead or Alive 4 on much more powerful hardware, there's hardly any visual difference. DOA4 only looks slightly better, kinda the way Last of Us on PS4 looks slightly better than the PS3 version.

I'm glad you guys liked the first installment of Xbox Classics. There'll be a lot more in the future. For now though, please check out the others as well such as the amazingly underrated PS3 classic Valkyria Chronicles or Clarc for Ouya.

I gave this some thought and did several test runs of recordings beforehand, and decided to never record in 4:3 for youtube unless I absolutely have no widescreen alternative.

The reason is because I record in 720p and the youtube player is 16:9 natively. To use 4:3 is literally a waste of space, and since the youtube video player isn't really that big (especially when viewed on mobile platforms) it doesn't make sense to use 4:3. The only games I won't shoot in 16:9 are tate shooters because they look awful expanded to 16:9. 4:3 content almost always will expand just fine though.

I know that some retro gamers swear by 4:3 but I just see that as a limitation, not something that should be embraced.

Up next, ROM Hack Showcase 002 - The Pixel Kingdom

Sometimes dubbed "Super Atari-Bros." thanks to the primitive VCS-like visuals, I think that's both unfair to the VCS (the 2600 was actually capable of some pretty decent animation of which Pixel Kingdom omits on purpose) and I also think that comparing it to the Atari is missing the whole point, which is minimalism.