IGNORED

Atari: Game Over Documentary

Metal Ghost

I watched this with my wife last night, and I'd highly recommend it. Now, it's only 66 minutes long, so don't go in thinking that this is going to explore every last facet of the Atari implosion. But it's a great watch, especially with someone who's not a geek themselves.

It's available for free on Xbox One and Xbox 360. If you have an Xbox, go watch it!

Also, I think on X1 you can either watch it through Xbox Video, or in a stand alone app. We watched in Video, but through the stand alone app I think there are additional videos you're able to watch as well? I downloaded the app but didn't really play around with it at all. Just an FYI, in case someone wants to go that route, perhaps they can chime in on the App viewing experience.

• 1 month later...

Gregory DG - did you find a torrent? I am struggling to find one.

To give an example of how stupid DRM in general is, I had to run up a virtual machine on my Mac and install an illegal copy of Windows 8 so I could watch the damn documentary - all because Microsoft have tied it down with DRM so much that only Xbox Video users can watch it. Now I am trying to find a way to de-DRM the movie file so I can watch it properly.

To date still same issues as Greg2600, any browser (IE / Firefox / Chrome) all up to date, Silverlight installed and up to date, but on both PC and laptop just keeps loading and loading.......geez Microsoft get your shit together. If I could find it hosted elsewhere I'd have downloaded it by now. Actually really surprised nobody has bothered to torrent or upload elsewhere. The worst part is I never really wanted to see it that much but knowing I SHOULD be able to watch it and continuing failure to do so just drives me friggin nuts. If ANYONE finds a different source PLEASE POST A LINK, if not allowed PM it to me.

I believe MS have simply disabled all Silverlight (aka PC) driven Xbox video due to security holes.

Well if so they should simply remove the option or at least post a message stating so (or whatever excuse they care to give to cover it up) because as it is it simply appears to be a failure on their part.

I never got it working on any device that wasn't Windows 8 - spinning circle of doom and nothing more, although the trailer played ok. The video plays fine on my buddy's Win8 machine and on my Win8 virtual machine on the Mac. I wonder why it isn't up on the torrent sites yet - seems strange. Maybe Micro$ofts DRM is genuinely unhackable. What we need is someone with an XBox to record it using their AV Output and a capture card... ;-)

• Like 1