IGNORED

New user introduction.......

Diecrusher

Hi all,

I've been lurking here awhile and just recently joined so I'd like to introduce myself.

A little of my story...... The TI-99/4a was the first computer that I owned, bought it back in 1982 while still in school. Saved my paper-route money for years to by it but in addition to the machine itself could only afford a cassette player and the lovely 'wired remote controllers". :) My first monitor was a 19" color TV given to my by the neighbor lady that had the red gun burned-out so the whole picture was a lovely greenish-blue. Begged my dad to help me buy a color TV the next year and the 6 command modules so that I could get the free speech-synthesizer... woo-hoo! I practiced programming furiously in basic and then x-basic when I got it. Worked the whole summer of 1983 on a game that I hoped would launch my own software company to be the next Steve Jobs. Remember how it was like to be a kid and have lofty dreams! :) Anyways, got the game half finished just to see a game release that was very similar and even had the same name. Bummed me out and then October 1983 came and we all know what happened then...... I was so dis-heartened that I jumped to the c-64 and then Amiga and never looked back until now.

I kept my original machine in pristine condition and recently picked up a populated PEB that is a real basket-case. I think it spent the last 25 years in a damp shed and the sheet-metal is in bad shape but I love a challenge and love rescuing stray computers to save them from the graveyard. I will post before and after pictures when I get it finished. As a backup, I ordered one of those shiny NOS PEB's off Ebay.

Anyways, sorry to ramble, but I hope relive some of that early TI nostalgia and hopefully it grows to something more. Now that some of this HW is actually affordable I would like to dabble in Assembly finally and would hopefully like to pick up one of the new Extended Basic Suite cartridges that look so cool when more become available.

I also collect Amiga, TRS-80, etc. and arcade games.

Thanks for listening,
Tim

• Like 5

Welcome! :)

Out of curiosity, what game was it you were working on that got released and discouraged you?

The name of the game was 'Pulsar' by a company name C.A. Root. My games name was exactly the same but the gameplay differed a little but was similar. Go figure, what's the chances of that. I believe I have their game though on cassette somewhere.

A friend of mine and myself were also working on a strategy, turn-based game called 'Castles and Conquests' but that never saw the light of day either but I still have our old notes and grid paper drawings.

The name of the game was 'Pulsar' by a company name C.A. Root. My games name was exactly the same but the gameplay differed a little but was similar. Go figure, what's the chances of that. I believe I have their game though on cassette somewhere.

A friend of mine and myself were also working on a strategy, turn-based game called 'Castles and Conquests' but that never saw the light of day either but I still have our old notes and grid paper drawings.

Interesting, you should see if you can find the game and share it here!

I love the sound of "Castles and Conquests"! I have a similar project going on (turn-based strategy) right now, called "Kingdoms", I'd love to see your notes and ideas!

You should totally revist those games :) I loves new games ;)

Being a noob here I've heard of this GameBase but found that info is kinda spotty on the search's I've done anyways. Was this something that used to be posted and discussed but now lurks in the shadows?

Try these topics on this forum (Most recently posted at the top):

...lee

Being a noob here I've heard of this GameBase but found that info is kinda spotty on the search's I've done anyways. Was this something that used to be posted and discussed but now lurks in the shadows?

You can download it from the tigameshelf.net and drop it straight into a directory and run it. It's quite extensive.