IGNORED

What is your PRIMARY CARTRIDGE?

Omega-TI

What is your PRIMARY CARTRIDGE?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Extended BASIC cartridges do you own? (If any)

• TI Extended BASIC
    • Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite
    • Rich Extended BASIC
    • OTHER (Please specify in comment section below)
  2. 2. Which Editor Assembler cartridges do you own? (If any)

• TI Editor Assembler (Unmodified)
    • TI Editor Assembler (SuperCart type)
  3. 3. What cartridge do you leave in your machine or use most of the time?

• Your PRIMARY XB Variant
    • Your PRIMARY EA Variant
    • Forth Variant
    • Mini Memory
    • Game Cartridge (Please specify in comment section below)
    • Educational Cartridge (Please specify in comment section below)
    • Combined Cartridge XB/EA
  4. 4. What is your PRIMARY Extended BASIC cartridge?

• TI Extended BASIC
    • Rich Extended BASIC
  5. 5. What is your PRIMARY E/A Cartridge

• TI Editor Assembler (Unmodified)
    • TI Editor Assembler (SuperCart type)
  6. 6. Did you UPGRADE to your PRIMARY cartridge in the last four months?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

What would you like me to change before anyone votes?

Pretty much just yankin’ your chain. You don't need to change anything. I'm not delusional enough to think that there's much hope of a major upsurge in Forth use. The major player over the years has certainly been the various dialects of Basic with Assembler in the back seat. :P

...lee

I'm not delusional enough to think that there's much hope of a major upsurge in Forth use.

You never know, that Forth computer in a cartridge looks pretty damn interesting! If it ever comes to fruition, and is as blindly fast as it looks like it can be, there just may be a shift in the future. Now that might be just the ticket to base a GUI on... and IF that happens...

Good old TI Extended BASIC is what is in the slot 95% of the time or better. The menu on my HRD4000 lets me run XB and EA5 programs as desired, plus I can choose Funnelweb 4.40 which gives you the full E/A experience without having to swap cartridges. Once in a blue moon I will put in the supercart or minimemory, but generally that's only for testing purposes.

Edited by senior_falcon

I have to admit that I have my real TI-99 stowed away. Back when I was using regularly, I always left in the cartridge that I last used, but since I used Extended Basic more than any other cartridge, that would still have been my primary cartridge. Nowadays I'm using emulators more than the "real metal", but I still find Extended Basic to be the most used cartridge on emulators in the long run (although maybe it might be a game cartridge, but I don't know which one).

• Like 1

RXB is the only High Bred in the bunch that combines both EA and XB and you can switch with a single key press back and forth.

Also the only one that allows you to run EA programs from XB programs in the EA cart as it switches carts.

Or run XB programs from EA cart as it also switches carts.

Realistically the poll ignores this high bred of a cart. It stands alone for these features.

Not to mention in REA cart pressing 0 from the EA Editor loader or Assembly loader will search Disks 1 to 9 for EDIT1 or ASSEM1 another one of a kind feature.

My primary cartridge is still good old Extended BASIC. I bounce to a EA supercart and minimem for hardware repairs but nearly everything is runable from XB, directly or via the multitude of loaders and utilities.

Coupled with a RAMdisk it's pretty much the only cart I would need if stranded on a desert island ;)

• Like 1

My favorite cartridge, before my Geneve era, was actually Editor/Assembler. I had increasing trouble with the worn-out cartridge slot, although I replaced the slot at least twice IIRC. Extended Basic proved to be particularly sensitive to contact issues, so it was a race between me and the next console crash. One of the main reasons I was so happy with my Geneve.

Extended 2.7 for me, the most used cartridge right now:)

Same here, even though l like my SuperCart, many of the built-in programs and utilities on the XB2.7s cartridge have made it my primary cartridge... for now My ULTIMATE GOAL is to eventuallly run without any cartridge in the slot... so, "someday" I hope to have a PGRAM and something to go with it like a SAMS, some other battery backed RAM disk or a SSHD. Only the future will tell.

• Like 1

My real iron machines either have a Gram-Kracker installed in them at all times, or my own Pop-Cart loaded with sadly XBIII+

I also have a E/A with 32k supercart and switches for portable on the job demos and other shit, fits nice in the pocket and can quickly load up code on it.

Since most of my stuff is all Assembly stuff, I rarely ever need an XB.

I would like to see a Forth cartridge, or more programming options for people, maybe even another type of high-end lang.

I would like to see a Forth cartridge, or more programming options for people, maybe even another type of high-end lang.

Wow! It seems that @Willsy’s and my Forth cartridges really are invisible! :P His TurboForth has been available for several years and my fbForth for six months (binary), with the physical cartridge (released at the Chicago Faire) available for about a month (See this forum’s topic, fbForth—TI Forth with File-based Block I/O—now, with a FONT EDITOR):

post-29677-0-23544900-1412279240_thumb.g

I've begun to accept the reality that most folks browsing this forum actively ignore anything to do with Forth. I do plan to start working on posting examples of fbForth in action after I get my promised manual updates finished. @Willsy, however, has been doing that for a long time. Oh, well...

...lee