IGNORED

VCF East X - Advice wanted

Fletch

I am cross-posting this in the 8-Bit and ST Forums. Seeking advice.

A couple of weeks back I officially signed up to exhibit at VCF East X in April of 2015. I’ve decided to do a timeline of Atari computers from the 400 through the Falcon030. Here is what I have posted on the VCF East exhibitor site:
Have you played Atari today?
This exhibit is a timeline of many Atari computers from 1979-1992, such as the 400/800, XL, XE, ST, and Falcon030, along with many games and applications. Visitors are encouraged to experience the machines from each unique era of Atari Computers. Have you played Atari today?
I have reserved two tables. One for the 8-bit’s and the other for the 16/32 bit machines.
The line up I’m leaning towards is a 400, 1200XL, 130XE, and a XEGS on the 8-bit table. And a 1040STf, Mega 2, and a Falcon030 on the 16/32 table.
My emphasis is going to be on gaming. I realize that visitors to the booth won’t be hanging around for more than a few minutes so I want to have a variety of arcade type games since those tend to only have last a short time.
I’d like for you to put yourself in position of attendee and let me know which games you’d like to play if you stopped by the booth. The 8-bit should be easier as there are so many good arcade titles. The ST and Falcon might be a bit tougher.
Any input is helpful as I’d like to make my exhibit as fun as I can.
Thanks!
-Pete

ST:

Xenon 2

Gauntlet 2

Vroom

Blood Money

Better Dead Than Alien

Golden Axe

Turrican

Wrath Of The Demon

Zool

If anyone has time, show them Dungeon Master, obviously!

Falcon:

Stardust

Killing Impact

Running

Doug Little's "Bad Mood" Doom version

Obsession Pinball

HTHs.

These are the titles for the ST and Falcon I had thought of before starting the thread.

For the ST:

Bombjack

Volfied

Super Sprint

Metro-Cross

Moon Patrol

Robotron

Fast Food

Rick Dangerous

Stunt Track Racer

For the Falcon:

Downfall

Blat

Sweety

Rock n Roll Clams

Remember the old Atari formula - Easy to learn, but hard to master. :-D Shoot-em ups and arcade translations are the best. Pinball is good too.

At the Atari Party, 4-player Gauntlet 2 drew the most crowds of the three STs I brought to the show. The next ST had Obsession which drew the next biggest crowd. My last ST I used to show a variety of games that I rotated through.. I remember Arkanoid and Pang (Buster Bros.) were popular since they were popular arcade games back in the day. I recommend having instructions nearby so you don't have to keep explaining the instructions to everyone.

The only time Gauntlet 2 did not have a crowd was when the program crashed. I really hate that teleporting bug! :(