IGNORED

Wrong controllers?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DJENMC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered 2 of these off amazon. These have the auto fire. But instead I got 2 of these. Even though he says original 7800 and the photos are not original I thought it was the photo I was getting. Not complaining because the other ones are still decent. But I got these instead without the auto fire.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2014/11/7800-controllers.html

Should I complain to the seller?

You wouldn't pay 28 or so dollars for a hard to find 5200 y cable but would pay over 100 dollars for two controllers ? :-o

No I got 2 used ones for 17 dollars and 80 cents. I would never pay that ridiculous over inflated price. It says used at the bottom starting from 5 dollars and 91 cents. I don't know why nobody looks.

I'm not sure what Amazon's photo policy is .... they pretty much just use what they think is a stock photo

what you received is as the title denotes & the written description

if you payed the way higher price for the item in image & received what you got, I would complain

I'm thinking you knew the gamble when you purchased it ...at best you broke even on the deal

http://atariage.com/7800/archives/hardware.html

Atari Proline Joystick
This is the specially designed joystick that was included with the 7800. It has the advantage of two independently functioning fire buttons, but suffers from an awkward design that makes it uncomfortable.

the forces used of one hand working against the other & the way you twist your wrist to work the buttons causes major fatigue on your wrist & arm if left stock

some have shortened the shaft & made it WAY more comfortable to use :thumbsup:

Well I never liked the cx 10 and 40s. The button is on the wrong side. I'm a lefty. So this dual setup is nice. I press the buttons with the right hand and move the stick with the left hand.

I wonder how many people would like a left handed version. It wouldn't necessarily require a physically distinct controller. The cable exits in a bit of a bad spot, but a simple adapter that plugs between the controller and console could rotate the controller function 90 degrees for use by the left hand dominant crowd.

Well I never liked the cx 10 and 40s. The button is on the wrong side. I'm a lefty. So this dual setup is nice. I press the buttons with the right hand and move the stick with the left hand.

Interesting that you say this, because I've heard complaints that Atari made a mistake and that a RIGHTY's controller should use the left hand for the stick and the right for a fire button. If you notice, nowadays on controllers the left thumb controls and right thumb fires. I personally, as a righty, however, prefer the upper left fire button on the CX (a controller I really dig btw).

No I got 2 used ones for 17 dollars and 80 cents. I would never pay that ridiculous over inflated price. It says used at the bottom starting from 5 dollars and 91 cents. I don't know why nobody looks.

Right, and you have every right to buy what you want at the price you want; you are not obligated to buy something from someone simply because he is an AtariAge member.