IGNORED

keeping boxes

Atari-Collector

Having just bought a couple 1050 drives and an 850, all with original boxes, I am wondering are the boxes that collectable and worth saving?

The 850 is like new (as was the 850 itself), the 1050 boxes are a bit on the rough side, torn end flaps, one is got brown packing tape on it and a bit on the grungy feeling side. I'm limited on space and as much as I hate to say it, are the boxes (especially the not so good one) worth hanging on to? Not that I ever plan to sell these drives, they are mine til I croke.

OK, first of, amazing display jacobus :thumbsup:

OK, even though the 1050 box aren't mint, they will stay. I know with collectable conditions is everything, so that's why I asked, maybe in time I'm frame some of the flyer and manuals myself. Of course my main thing is the hardware itself, both functional and cosmetic.

I'm waiting on SIO cables from myatari.com, and once they get here I'll be able to do a final setup and maybe post a pic of what I have. I'm using my 90's entertainment center as a Atari work station.

I found a box for an Atari 400 in a construction dumpster at work. It was back side up, and the back was ok, with just one strip of tape up one side but when I pulled it out, it was empty and the front was almost totally ripped off with a big "Dave's Tools" written on one side and it was caked in wet drywall compound, so unfortunately not worth saving.