IGNORED

Flashback Overlays: Intellivision Productions & Psycho Stormtrooper

JasonlikesINTV

I received an email saying they were overwhelmed. They have shipped and the Flashback Units ordered and the Overlays with them should have arrived today. The other items ordered, they are shipping will be next week. I ordered 3 sets of overlays and 2 decks of cards. They said it's just two of them so they just had too many orders. Not a big deal for me.

Edited by BBWW

On the 16th i got an email with a tracking number but i'm not sure if it was for the Overlays or the Christmas Ornament i ordered. But the tracking is only updated for Pre-Shipment as it has not been taken to the post office yet.

i sent four emails to order the ornament and no response at all like the 7 other emails regarding the overlays i sent them. i really wanted an ornament. Edited by pimpmaul69

I think there was a screw up at the post office. I received my Intellivision Flashback from Intellivision Productions, Inc. yesterday, even though on the 24th the tracking page said that it was "on route to destination." The USPS had said that shipping Priority Mail no later than the 22nd would guarantee a delivery by Christmas--however, when you read the small print, this is a rather loose application of "guarantee."

I don't think there is much Mr. Robinson could have done to address this.

I also received the e-mail notice that the overlays would be shipped a bit later.

-dZ.

I think there was a screw up at the post office. I received my Intellivision Flashback from Intellivision Productions, Inc. yesterday, even though on the 24th the tracking page said that it was "on route to destination." The USPS had said that shipping Priority Mail no later than the 22nd would guarantee a delivery by Christmas--however, when you read the small print, this is a rather loose application of "guarantee."

I don't think there is much Mr. Robinson could have done to address this.

I also received the e-mail notice that the overlays would be shipped a bit later.

-dZ.

The USPS is always way behind this time of year. A few packages make it to where their destinations on time but so many do not. My mother mailed something to me on Monday the 15th using Priority and i got it Friday 19th. Could of been worse i guess. But normally i would of got something in just 2 days from just 3 states away.

Also "on route to destination." is not the same thing as "out for delivery" I see this on packages i get all the time and it will still be a few days before delivered. That's what i call one of those false hope tracking update codes the USPS uses.

I ordered and paid the first day these were available. I never got any sort of confirmation nor have I received any sort of response to my inquiries. How long should I wait before I file a claim with PayPal?

I'm in the same boat. I've emailed sales@intellivisionlives.com, comments@intellivisionlives.com, and even krobinson@intellivisionlives.com. The reason I emailed krobinson is because I got a confirmation when I created my account that suggested it (but I never got an order confirmation).

It turns out that I did get the general update email, but I've received nothing specific about my individual order. Gmail had filtered the update into a subfolder for me so I didn't see it (how nice of gmail to do that). I replied to the update, so I've also now emailed newsletter@intellivisionlives.com

So cancel your order if you insist on immediate personalized service?

It's pretty obvious from reading this thread that a) their entire order system cocked up bigtime, b) they're very much behind with everything, and c) it's a small shop that's overloaded with work right now. They've sent out a generic response to everyone to acknowledge the problems and admit a large delay. And the community, via this thread, has posted it here in case anyone didn't receive it. And some of the complaintants haven't even checked their spam folders :) As I have to continually remind my IT clients, "email has no service delivery guarantees".

Maybe I'm just more laid back, but ordering things online to me always follows this process: you get confirmation from Paypal that your money is gone, and stuff eventually shows up. I certainly don't sit and email every single person I order things from and keep track of every individual response. Now, if NO ONE had heard a single thing from Keith and Co within a few weeks, I'd be a bit worried, but he's already blasted out a generic response and the community has helpfully shared it here, which presumably hits a large chunk of the target audience. Given that it seems like at least some people were emailing within a day or two, and continually following up via multiple email addresses, I wouldn't be surprised if he has hundreds of emails to deal with at this point.

And we're talking $15 purchases for the most part.

• Like 1

So cancel your order if you insist on immediate personalized service?

It's pretty obvious from reading this thread that a) their entire order system cocked up bigtime, b) they're very much behind with everything, and c) it's a small shop that's overloaded with work right now. They've sent out a generic response to everyone to acknowledge the problems and admit a large delay. And the community, via this thread, has posted it here in case anyone didn't receive it. And some of the complaintants haven't even checked their spam folders :) As I have to continually remind my IT clients, "email has no service delivery guarantees".

Maybe I'm just more laid back, but ordering things online to me always follows this process: you get confirmation from Paypal that your money is gone, and stuff eventually shows up. I certainly don't sit and email every single person I order things from and keep track of every individual response. Now, if NO ONE had heard a single thing from Keith and Co within a few weeks, I'd be a bit worried, but he's already blasted out a generic response and the community has helpfully shared it here, which presumably hits a large chunk of the target audience. Given that it seems like at least some people were emailing within a day or two, and continually following up via multiple email addresses, I wouldn't be surprised if he has hundreds of emails to deal with at this point.

And we're talking $15 purchases for the most part.

I couldn't agree more. The overlays will come at some point.

• Like 2