IGNORED

It's almost here... It's coming!

DZ-Jay

AtariAge and that dude who made a game some time ago

invite you to another very special edition of the High Score Championship.

Presenting...

Carol vs. The WORLD!

(Carol's Super-Duper Christmas Championship Extravaganza)

Play the game Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost Of Christmas Presents and help Carol Greenleaf save Christmas from the Evil Snowman. Rise to the top of the ranks of Santa's Elite Elf Squad and submit your top score to the judges. The person with the highest score received by the deadline of December 31st, 2014, wins a very special gift from Santa Claus himself!

post-27318-0-41115600-1417175669_thumb.png

Everyone's A Winner
Santa Claus always acknowledges hard work and effort, and although there can be only one Grand Prize winner, Santa will award various other prizes to the top players on each rank, in recognition of their high status among Santa's Elite Elf Squad.
Plus, all scores submitted will be published on the Carol vs. Ghost web site as well as in a soon to be announced forum thread in AtariAge, so even if you're not in the highest rank, you still get to brag about your score.
There will be prizes awarded for every skill level--plus a few surprises--and everyone is invited, so there's just no excuse not to participate!
post-27318-0-87315500-1417176017.png
post-27318-0-49128800-1417175984.pngpost-27318-0-04864500-1417175996.pngpost-27318-0-01043500-1417176003.png
A Present Under Every Tree
As if bragging rights and great prizes were not enough, Santa has decided to give away the game to everyone! That's right, Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost Of Christmas Presents is now available in ROM format as a free download.
post-27318-0-09941100-1417176156_thumb.png
So start practicing and head on now to the official Carol vs. The World! web site for more information about the championship,:
Spread the joy. Spread the word.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

post-27318-0-87160600-1417176650.png Christmas Carol ROM Edition Game - ROM Only

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 10

I'm very happy to see another Carol vs. the World edition.

Carol vs. the World is the most exciting and fun gaming contest I've ever played, not to mention the game is so good it was voted by AtariAge community as the best Intellivision home brew game!

And the Grand Prize is the most incredible prize you could wish for: a customized edition of the game.

I'm very curious to know who will be the third lucky winner and what edition will come after the Elf-Knight and my Scary-Ghost edition.

Let's save the Christmas from the Evil Snowman once again!

• Like 1

I'm very happy to see another Carol vs. the World edition.

Carol vs. the World is the most exciting and fun gaming contest I've ever played, not to mention the game is so good it was voted by AtariAge community as the best Intellivision home brew game!

And the Grand Prize is the most incredible prize you could wish for: a customized edition of the game.

I'm very curious to know who will be the third lucky winner and what edition will come after the Elf-Knight and my Scary-Ghost edition.

Let's save the Christmas from the Evil Snowman once again!

That reminds me, I have to post an article on the "Scary-Ghost Edition" and some videos.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Poor guys, you only use half the power of the Intellivision :P

LOL! GroovyBee made the same comment last year. Those are the graphics. We sacrifice the other 8-bits to the almighty god Cee-Pee-Ewe! :P

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

As has been the tradition in the past CvW contests, I present you with four riddles as a prelude to the championship. Guess the answers correctly and you shall earn your first achievement.

A correct guess will include two items:

• The missing words to each riddle
  • The character or item that is the subject of each riddle

For an extra-special bonus you may also include a one-sentence short story using all the words guessed in those two items. The best story we receive by the end of the contest earns extra bragging rights with an exclusive achievement!

Make sure to send your answers via PM or e-mail at <cvw@CarolVsGhost.com>.

Please, do not spoil it for others by posting your guesses here. Santa Claus will not approve.

The Riddles:

Riddle #1:
Her hair is fair and of golden colour
And her threads are just as dandy,
She can sprint very fast through a corridor
Except when she stops to ___ ____.
Riddle #2:
He has no legs, no feet, and no toes
He has no arms, no hands, and no paws
Though he may seem spooky,
He's just sort of loopy,
And he's friends with good old _____ _____.
Riddle #3:
Programmed and trained to attack her,
Its buzzing and whirling can't faze her,
With mechanical aim it will track her
Then shoot and zap her with its _____.
Riddle #4:
Twiggy arms and eyes of black coal
That stare fiendishly with a scowl
Fear is instilled in everyone's soul
At the sound of his bloodcurdling ____!
Good luck!
  • Like 2

So the windows version will just play on my PC, right?

Right. It is a self-contained package, that includes the emulator and the game. All you need to do is run the "installer," which does nothing more than copy all the necessary files into a folder. Likewise for the Mac version on Macintosh computers.

Should you have any problems, feel free to PM me. :)

-dz.

• 4 weeks later...

As has been the tradition in the past CvW contests, I present you with four riddles as a prelude to the championship. Guess the answers correctly and you shall earn your first achievement.

A correct guess will include two items:

• The missing words to each riddle
  • The character or item that is the subject of each riddle

For an extra-special bonus you may also include a one-sentence short story using all the words guessed in those two items. The best story we receive by the end of the contest earns extra bragging rights with an exclusive achievement!

Make sure to send your answers via PM or e-mail at <cvw@CarolVsGhost.com>.

Please, do not spoil it for others by posting your guesses here. Santa Claus will not approve.

The Riddles:

Riddle #1:
Her hair is fair and of golden colour
And her threads are just as dandy,
She can sprint very fast through a corridor
Except when she stops to ___ ____.
Riddle #2:
He has no legs, no feet, and no toes
He has no arms, no hands, and no paws
Though he may seem spooky,
He's just sort of loopy,
And he's friends with good old _____ _____.
Riddle #3:
Programmed and trained to attack her,
Its buzzing and whirling can't faze her,
With mechanical aim it will track her
Then shoot and zap her with its _____.
Riddle #4:
Twiggy arms and eyes of black coal
That stare fiendishly with a scowl
Fear is instilled in everyone's soul
At the sound of his bloodcurdling ____!
Good luck!

I am bumping this thread up to invite others to participate in the riddles. :)

-dZ.