IGNORED

Out Of Control - my bid cancelled - sold to school girl short dress

roadrunner

I had the high bid on this out of control and somehow school girl in a short dress won it for just $55 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-8-VINTAGE-ATARI-VIDEO-GAMES-SUPER-BREAKOUT-RAIDERS-LOST-ARK-H-/251737646800

Listing that the seller ended.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-8-VINTAGE-ATARI-VIDEO-GAMES-SUPER-BREAKOUT-RAIDERS-OF-THE-LOST-ARK-/251737485149?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a9cb92f5d

Edited by roadrunner

CPUWIZ, on 29 Nov 2014 - 9:12 PM, said:

It's called asking the seller for a Buy It Now, try it sometime. ;)

I had the high bid on it, that's not right.

I once made a seller a offer for a Obelix game but the seller looked it up and seen someone selling it for $130

and laughed at my offer.

This seller shoulda looked the game up.

• Like 1

So there was a bid in place and they ended the auction early??? I'm sorry. That is a major crap way to do business and it also shows a complete lack of character for someone to ask to end early with a bid in place. I don't know if it really was schoolgirl that did this but whoever did is a complete piece of human excrement IMO. I would think that would be an eBay no no, but even if not it shows no integrity (not that integrity means anything in today's world). I'm absolutely disgusted by this.

• Like 4

I agree, with bids on it already, that's a shitty thing to do. Taking advantage of clueless sellers and asking for a BIN is one thing, but with bids, not cool. It should be easy to see which re-seller grabbed it, given it wasn't someone who wants it cheap for their collection.

I hate to say this, but you can't get mad at schoolgirl for this one….it's the seller who took the low road and accepted his (schoolgirl's) offer.

It sucks that he (SG) is a known re-seller who will flip the thing for a ridiculous price, but you can't fault him for sending the seller a message with an offer. The seller is the one who stepped into the gray area of eBay side-dealing. Best you can do is file a complaint with eBay and ultimately see them do nothing about it….that, or you could purchase one of his other cheap atari listings and then give him a negative feedback score…just for shits and giggles.

• Like 6

I don't know benny I think roadrunner is probably safe to blame sChOlGiRliNaShOrTdReSs for this one.....I now blame he/she for when the terrorists win, for global warming and for when kittens die and I do believe he/she does hold at least some responsibility for this now..... ;)

• Like 2

I need to start reselling like this!

It's free market deal with it.

I tell you nobody complains about big box stores selling stuff 100x mark-up.

You should know by now that when a rare game isn't advertised correctly people will try and scoop it up. I see nothing wrong w/the seller ending listing to take what he felt was a BO. If this lot was worth $40 nobody would be bitching about what happened!

• Like 1

Totally disagree on this. If there is a bid already in place on an item, anyone with any honor would not try to circumvent the system. If there is no bid, make contact and try...fine, but bids already in place should be a hands off moment. I have absolutely no respect for anyone screwing over other bidders by doing this. Honestly, if you want the item be a real man and place your legitimate bids like the rest of us. Was the seller at fault here? Yes, but the buyer was just as much at fault if not more by acting like a major weasel.

• Like 1

Totally disagree on this. If there is a bid already in place on an item, anyone with any honor would not try to circumvent the system. If there is no bid, make contact and try...fine, but bids already in place should be a hands off moment. I have absolutely no respect for anyone screwing over other bidders by doing this. Honestly, if you want the item be a real man and place your legitimate bids like the rest of us. Was the seller at fault here? Yes, but the buyer was just as much at fault if not more by acting like a major weasel.

Honor? Be a man? What is he screwing his wife? It's an auction for crying out loud. It's 2014 seller has an ebay account w/lots of feedback mind you 493. He can only blame himself for selling something for less than it is worth.

Buyer made a bid within ebay? How is that circumventing the system? He used ebay to make the purchase. Just because current bidder got outbid who mind you knew very well what was in this auction but CHOSE to keep his mouth shut and place a small $20 bid in the hopes of himself getting the game way below market value himself.

OP knew listing was not marketed well and he himself was trying to get item way below market value. I'm sorry there is nothing wrong with what happened here.

Seller did not do research

Buyer made a lucky purchase!

Op was trying to do what buyer did and got beat out

end story!

It was an auction, and it was NOT sold. Therefore it was still open for bids. $55 was higher than $20.

• Like 1

It was an auction, and it was NOT sold. Therefore it was still open for bids. $55 was higher than $20.

The problem is that the original auction did have an opening bid. The seller was contacted by "school girl" and he/she asked the seller to cancel the auction (and its accompanying bid) to relist it for a BIN of $55 just for "school girl" who was ready to scoop it up. The problem is that an auction was cancelled with a legit bid for a side deal - it had nothing to do with who knew what about it's true value.

"School girl" knew that this auction in its traditional format would lead to the game going for actual market value - something that would do him, as a reseller, no damn good so he/she circumvented a legitimate auction and the rules that ebay stipulates that you and I must abide by. I too would be pissed and the OP has every right to be pissed. The seller was also indeed really stupid for not looking up the value of the games in the lot but that's another story.

I hope someone contacts him/her before he ships the game. Maybe the tables can be turned on school girl and the underhanded weasel gets a taste of their own medicine.

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 4

Honor? Be a man? What is he screwing his wife? It's an auction for crying out loud. It's 2014 seller has an ebay account w/lots of feedback mind you 493. He can only blame himself for selling something for less than it is worth.

Buyer made a bid within ebay? How is that circumventing the system? He used ebay to make the purchase. Just because current bidder got outbid who mind you knew very well what was in this auction but CHOSE to keep his mouth shut and place a small $20 bid in the hopes of himself getting the game way below market value himself.

OP knew listing was not marketed well and he himself was trying to get item way below market value. I'm sorry there is nothing wrong with what happened here.

end story!

I like to think that honor is still around but I often question it lately. I suppose it's ok if I were to win an auction for say $100 and have someone offer $150 after the fact to the seller who then sells it to them (which has happened to me). Not much difference in my opinion. Much of this hobby has turned to absolute greed. This is especially true of buyers such as this who flip everything they can to make a buck. It's not about the history, the nostalgia, the community, it's about the green. That's fine if you want to support this person but don't tell me that this is ethically right. At best it's poor form for the buyer and seller. At worst it's a possible violation of eBay rules (not that eBay would do anything about it as the seller and buyer fully realize).

icemanxp300, on 30 Nov 2014 - 8:28 PM, said:icemanxp300, on 30 Nov 2014 - 8:28 PM, said:

end story!

I didn't make the seller a offer.

It had bids. I bid, then school girl bid, i made another bid.

I leave my computer for a hour or so and come back and it's gone.

I knew how it was listed, so did school girl.

Maybe if the seller let it ride it sells cheap, it probably woulda sold for more than $55

Edited by roadrunner

Just curious….bids or not, is it at all possible that schoolgirl could have sent the seller an email, long before an initial bid was even placed? I mean, as long as we are all just speculating here…none of us knows what really went down. I have sent sellers an email and waited for days to get a response.

The real justice here will be served when someone sends the original seller an email next week to SG's auction of the following:

AtAri 2600 HoLyGrAiL!!! OuT oF cOnTrOl…$999.00

That ought to make him/her just a little pissed! :P

Please note: I'm not defending SG here…just stating that ultimately, the whole thing was in the sellers court. Even if there was already a bid in place, SG couldn't have forced the seller to end the listing. The seller made up his/her mind to end it, take the money and run. Personally, I loathe SG's selling tactics. It over-inflates the hobby and takes away the fun in all of it. It's not a business for me…just a hobby. SG, and folks like him, make it a very expensive hobby…but that is his choice. I guess there is a bright side to it though…someday, when I tire of all this nonsense, I am certainly not going to donate my collection to goodwill. I will sell it for what the market will bear, so hopefully, SG will still be around to drive up my prices! :D

• Like 1