IGNORED

Out Of Control - my bid cancelled - sold to school girl short dress

roadrunner

Yep, seller was dumb and the ultimate fool in this case. SG just took advantage of his stupidity

Damn…you edited your post before I could finish my Shatner pic...

post-29022-0-72397200-1417401920_thumb.jpg

…with regards to true capitalism and politics and such. :P

• Like 1

That seller sent me 3 messages right around the same time.
One was they got my message after they accepted the offer from SG.
and this one, almost the same as the one I posted earlier.
But i didn't make a offer though.
---

We have passed on a higher offer like this before and got burned. So we decided to take his offer. You had the right to also make us an offer - everybody has that right.

- hotwheelsforme

Edited by roadrunner

Man, I didn't like School Girl because of his reputation as a high-rolling game flipper. Now my opinion of him is scum of the Earth. Can't wait for him to pop in to this thread and plead his case. Maybe AtariAge needs an HOS (Hall Of Shame) like NintendoAge does. But then again this community is too good to stoop that low... ;)

• Like 2

Rex Dart, on 01 Dec 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Pretty sure the eBay user agreements say differently, unless the action is specifically set up with a "make an offer" option. Was it?

When I bid on it, it was just a regular auction. It had no buy it now option.

Take a look at the sellers other listings, no buy it now prices.

Wonder what ebay would think of that admitted side-deal. Is that message in your ebay account's inbox?

They will not give a shit because the "side deal" was still done through Ebay and Ebay still got paid. Really thats all they care about.

A seller can end there auction early, even with bids, and relist it if they want to. Ebay "frowns" on that but they will not do anything about it unless it happens a LOT.

• Like 1

Ok I have been really trying to interpret this to figure out if what was done was actually a violation. Ebays rules on this scenario say no.

The main thing is this statement stating what is NOT allowed. "Ending a listing early to sell the item to the winning bidder a price higher than the current bid"

This does not apply in this scenario. This is based off the scenario of having 12 hours or less left in the auction and having bids in which case the only option of ending listing early is to sell to highest bidder. In which case it would then be against ebays rules to end the auction and charge the highest bidder more. Since this auction never went that far there was no "winning" bidder.

The fact ebay allows you to end listing early is your choice. Then listing it as a BIN and selling at whatever price you wish is completely allowed. It even states bidders can ask you to sell listing early at current bid price. It doesn't actually specify about selling to a highest offer but an offer is essentially a bid. Furthermore it does not say you can't which is all that really matters.

The only other guideline violation states:

"Sellers aren't allowed to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet a desired sale price. This is considered to be a violation of our reserve price policy."

Since seller sold at a higher price this is null as well.

What are the guidelines?

iconAllowed_25x25.gif

Allowed

• Sellers can end a listing early in order to sell an item at the current bid price to the high bidder.

• Bidders can ask sellers to end a listing early and sell at the current bid price, but sellers don't have to honor the request.

iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif

Not allowed

Some examples of activities that aren't allowed include:

• Using member contact information obtained from eBay or using any eBay system to offer to sell any listed item outside of eBay

• Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on eBay

• Ending a listing early to sell the item to the winning bidder a price higher than the current bid

• Including contact information or an offer to buy or sell an item outside of eBay within a Best Offer

• Offering to sell an item to a non-winning bidder without using Second Chance Offer

To end a listing early and cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder:

1. Go to My eBay > Selling and find the item.

2. From the More actions drop-down menu, select End My Listing Early.

3. If there are bids on your item, choose how you want to end your listing.

• If there are 12 or more hours before the end of the listing, select Cancel bids and end listing early or Sell item to high bidder.

• If there are fewer than 12 hours before the end of the listing, your only option is Sell item to high bidder.

Note: If your item has no bids, you can skip this step

4. Select the reason you're ending your listing early and click End My Listing.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="AtariLeaf" data-cid="3123403" data-time="1417314896"><p>

That's why I don't do BIN's as a seller. I'd rather let things ride. Glad I have. I've had lowball side offers in the past who I've politely told to shove their offers up their ass.</p></blockquote>That's exactly what I think! I get people asking me to end the auction early for some low ball offer. I always let it ride. Its an auction site, not a damn retail store.<br />