IGNORED

NTSC STe's - do they ever come along on eBay, etc?

Look for Canadian sellers. Quite a few NTSC STe machines were distributed to retailers there, back in the day.

I'm in Canada, always looking out for STEs. They're very rare up here too.

you can always buy a UK one and replace the TOS roms to US, thats what i did. or go to Best or B&C they still have new ones, for $500

I could be wrong, but I don't think Best have new STEs. Reconditioned, yes.

I'm going to buy one from Best or B&C in the next couple years. I just can't decided if I should get a 1040STE or a 1040STfm.

Right now I have a 1040Stf that has lots of issues I don't feel like dealing and my Atari monitor is starting to crap out..

Plus I'd like to have a newer system so I'll have the option of hooking it up to any television I have around the house.

any idea's?

I thought about grabbing this, but I'm not going to. (I am going to try and get my 520STM 1MB upgrade working, instead.)

So...I'll share. :-) There's an NTSC 1040STE with nice additions on eBay now, from CA, US:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-1040STe-GBS8200-/151516526751?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item234716b89f

bp