IGNORED

HSC11 Round 22: "U & V" Vanguard & Universal Hero

My highest first tunnel score is 35,810 with 3 lives left. Highest overall score is 55,800. I can't seem to sneak a shot pass the end boss. And I've been so busy with kids and work I haven't really had a chance to play Vanguard much since I (finally) had a chance to fire up my 1200 XL to improve my score (I haven't played in 5 days, and I'm just now getting around to posting in case I can't do anything more before the end of the round.

I had a good gaming going here (54,680 with 2 lives left) but the game crashed :(

I had one crash on the AAG version but it seems ok now, might be worth trying another version from atarionline.pl if anyone is having problems.

Pathetic tip for beating the End Boss: (OK not for him as he seems to know what to do!) keep fire in, fly up higher before he comes on and then pull back as he comes on, sometimes you can get an early shot through but you have to mind out for crashing! Otherwise keep fire in and be patient just moving vertically after each bullet goes across, eventually you will get him - usually!

Anyone got anything better?

Checkout atarionline.pl as they have many different versions possibly in Czech: if "dosel ti kyslik" means anything to you? [google] = "I walked oxygen" ?! Which should be "You ran out of oxygen" !!!

attachicon.gifUnivHero.png

Hopefully one of these will have the fixed computer code entry too, if not perhaps someone can patch the text across to the fixed English version... let me know if you find a working copy :)

W Games suggestions welcome on the Play List EVERYONE ;)

Tables Updated above

I did not know there are different language versions! I wish I had the Czech one, when I was a kid. "Dosel ti kyslik" means you ran out of oxygen - perfectly fine translation. Google translate does not do the best job here. While you "run out of oxygen" we do less hurry... so we rather "walk (out) of oxygen":-)

I draw a complete map of 2nd level of Universal Hero but bit struggle what to do. I am afraid I will need to use some hints but did not give up yet..

Played also Vanguard and Upward today:

post-34165-0-43489400-1418574130_thumb.jpg post-34165-0-09102300-1418575033_thumb.jpg

Edited by jk40001

I did not know there are different language versions! I wish I had the Czech one, when I was a kid. "Dosel ti kyslik" means you ran out of oxygen - perfectly fine translation. Google translate does not do the best job here. While you "run out of oxygen" we do less hurry... so we rather "walk (out) of oxygen":-)

I draw a complete map of 2nd level of Universal Hero but bit struggle what to do. I am afraid I will need to use some hints but did not give up yet..

U.Hero - Glad you found this useful JK :thumbsup: my maps need some serious re-drawing!

Upward - when I got near the top of the 2nd time through, the screen was blank and there was no where to go up? (reloaded and the same) is this my copy or am I missing something?

(218) 288

Vanguard - no improvement but had a lot of fun trying! I keep wasting too many lives on diving onto tyhe energy pods and the guardian guy seems very hard to shoot - probably some trick to it. Extra man at 50K as well as 10K

37,170 with 2 men left for the first Tunnel bonus challenge.

Poll for round 23 "W & X Games" :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: OPEN

This round now ends Tuesday 16th December 10am UK time

Thanks for playing guys, McKong took the win for "U" and trbb for "V"!

Vanguard is nice but you need to master relasing the firing to make dodging the missiles easier. Universal Hero and Upward are worth a play too. Hope someone gets the Upward construction set working and produces another layout :)

Final Tables

Vanguard (start from Tunnel 1 each go)

1st therealbountybob (p) 120,680 12pts
2nd 8Bit 1337 (n) 54,680 11pts
3rd atariron82 (n) 47,080 10pts

4th CaptainClassic (n) 36,180 9pts
5th McKong (p) 33,160 8pts
6th JK40001 (p) 31,960 7pts
7th Sikor (p) 11,870 6pts
8th roadrunner (p) 8,930 5pts
9th adam242 (n) 7,870 4pts
10th Bunsen (p) 5,520 3pts

Bonus Challenges:

Highest score for Tunnel #1 (score + lives x2000)

1st trbb (p) 36,610+(6 lives) Total 48,610 1pt PAL

2nd atariron82 (n) 37,720+(3 lives) Total 43,720 1pt NTSC

3rd 8bit 1337 (n) 35,810+(3 lives) Total 41,810

Highest Tunnel reached

1st trbb (p) 4 1pt

2nd 8bit 1337 2

2nd atariron82 2

Universal Hero (complex reached / progress)
1st McKong (p) 3 11pts#
2nd therealbountybob (p) 2 5pts

2nd JK40001 (p) 2 5pts

3rd roadrunner (n) 1 1pt

(*Scoring: 1pt for playing plus 4pts for each of the 3 complexes completed without hints. Plus $4pts for completing the game OR #2pts for completing the game using a walkthrough/hints)

Bonus Game: Upward (1pt per player)
1st McKong (p) 1,117 6pts
2nd therealbountybob (p) 288 5pts
3rd 8Bit 1337 (n) 257 4pts
4th roadrunner (n) 80 3pts
4th CaptainClassic (n) 80 3pts
4th JK40001 (p) 80 3pts