IGNORED

Disk Controller Mods

atrax27407

For those of you who want an 80-track upgrade to use with the some of the "more exotic" storage devices, I have the following 80-track upgrade EPROMs available:

Myarc FDC (not HFDC) (a single chip)

TI FDC ( a two chip set)

DSK1/DSK2/DSK3

40/80/80

40/40/80

80/80/40

80/80/80

I also have other upgrades for the HFDC, CorComp, and TI FDC. Interested? Send me a PM or email.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I'm interested!! Currently I'm running a PEB with an old 35 track drive. Omega says I should get this: 80/80/80 is best I suppose? I'll be ordering a Lotharek and another 1/2 height drive to compliment. My drive three port (external TI PEB) is physically broken off so it's not so important.

I'm interested!! Currently I'm running a PEB with an old 35 track drive. Omega says I should get this: 80/80/80 is best I suppose? I'll be ordering a Lotharek and another 1/2 height drive to compliment. My drive three port (external TI PEB) is physically broken off so it's not so important.

Just remember, if you look at the floppy cable thread, it is possible to make a long enough cable to reach the two drives in the PEB and still make it outside to attach a third drive, powered by an external source. As I said before in another thread, being creative. :) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/244936-floppy-cables-straight-through/

Edited by RickyDean

yes, I have extended the floppycables in all my PEBs. Really good (as I am tinkering often)

I think 80cm is OK to pull the whole bulk out :)

Next step will be to reseat the controllers to slot 7

(I was anxious before to do that, due to the manual, but many people seem to be Ok with that)

So it will be much easier to connect the cable to Johnny Controlletti