IGNORED

Where do MAME sound samples go for OpenEmu or SDLMAME?

cybercylon

This one is for the mac users out there.

Any idea where to put sound samples for MAME for Open Emu. I tried making a folder called samples in the MAME folder OpenEMU creates for MAME in the Application support folder, but no dice.

Same question for SDLMAME.... I am using QMC2 as a front end. No good hints in their meaty documentation. A unix user might be able to provide some hints.

Thanks!

This one is for the mac users out there.

Any idea where to put sound samples for MAME for Open Emu. I tried making a folder called samples in the MAME folder OpenEMU creates for MAME in the Application support folder, but no dice.

Same question for SDLMAME.... I am using QMC2 as a front end. No good hints in their meaty documentation. A unix user might be able to provide some hints.

Thanks!

For SDLMAME and QMC2 in OS X, just drag and drop your samples into the /samples folder of your MAME installation. I have MAME installed in my home directory. So in my case the path is ~/mame0155-64bit/samples

Drop the zipped samples into the analogous folder on your own system. Then in QMC2, click "Tools" and select "Check samples..." or just click the little speaker icon in the program toolbar. After that, sound samples should work fine.

Edited by DrVenkman

Thanks. I will try that later.

For OpenEmu, you have to build from source by following this thread

https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/issues/1374

and build from the command line to get the experimental release that has the MAME core with the issue fixed.

The built OpenEmu crashes for me (no surprise with bleeding edge I guess), but I was able to swap MAME cores with the working one and the problem is fixed.

I'll have to dig around the one built from source a bit more... seems like there are 2-3 cores not available in the experimental release.

Edited by cybercylon