IGNORED

Interactive Lost Caves of Kroz (Come Play With Me and Help Solve Puzzles) I

Since i am too lazy to make another highlight video. If you want any spoilers for rooms 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 & 15 you can check out my past broadcasts on Twitch. They may only be there for a couple weeks before Twitch deletes them. Today there is about 2 1/2 hours worth of gameplay split up into 3 videos. Actually 2 since one is only 30 secs long. ;)

http://www.twitch.tv/intellivisiondude/profile/past_broadcasts

I will probably do another Youtube video when i get to the next boss.

Edited by IntellivisionDude
  • Like 4

I must say i think most of the bosses were too easy. Besides the Fire Skull which took me like an hour, i beat the other 3 bosses in under 5 minutes each. I had more trouble with the Fire Ant sub boss and puzzle rooms. But i'll bet their difficulty will ramp up on higher difficulties?

I haven't tackled this game in Assassin mode yet, but in Rogue and Assassin (medium had difficult), the biggest change is that there are numerous rooms with timers -- so you have to solve the room fast or you get booted out!

The ghosts will be more aggressive or faster as well, I believe.

I must say i think most of the bosses were too easy. Besides the Fire Skull which took me like an hour, i beat the other 3 bosses in under 5 minutes each. I had more trouble with the Fire Ant sub boss and puzzle rooms. But i'll bet their difficulty will ramp up on higher difficulties?

We reigned in both Elmor and the Wizard because we thought they were too difficult. I'll have to consider making them more difficult for the potential sequel. And no, they don't get more difficult on higher difficulties. That's something I wish I had implemented. Next time.

Edited by KnechtRuprecht

Do not watch this unless you want major spoilers of Level 7 & the First Boss.

It was great fun watching you beat Fire Skull. My reaction to the switch the first time I reached that room was the same as yours. I didn't spend as much time "feeding" Fire Skull, though. ;)

EDIT: And ZOMG, you managed to fracture his left temple first! (Rightmost on the screen.) That's something I never expected to see.

Also, Kroz doesn't have a battery. It saves the game in onboard flash. Your save-game is good for 20+ years unless you subject it to extreme environments.

EDIT 2: In case anyone wonders: I did not have any inside knowledge on the puzzles or solutions. While I contributed some bits to the engine code, the puzzles were all made by John, and compiled down to a form that was effectively opaque to me. When it comes to Kroz: John's the puzzlemaster, and when we're playing Kroz, we're in his world.

(Although intvsteve and others did write many of the hints you see. I contributed a few tweaks to hints myself. This whole thing was a group effort, and Kroz benefited greatly from everyone's contributions.

This game is epic. I have no idea what my 8-year-old self would have done if I had gotten this for Christmas in 1983, or even my 12-year-old self in 1987!)

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 2

And ZOMG, you managed to fracture his left temple first! (Rightmost on the screen.) That's something I never expected to see.

What i liked about that boss and even a few of the puzzles is, there is more than one way beat them. I wish more of the bosses had that. But it seems all the other bosses have one solution only. If there ever ends up being a sequel i'd like to see that. What i like is secrets and would love to see a sequel with hidden Easter Eggs.

Would any of us got past level 7 back then without the internet? LOL ;)

Dude! I subscribed to Nintendo Power, and always spent too much time reading Electronic Gaming Monthly and other magazines at the local grocery store. (Okay, we only hand Nintendo Power because the subscription came with the NES.) If Mattel Electronics had survived 1983, it would have had magazines too.

I don't think I would've beaten Castlevania back in the day w/out some hints and encouragement from the various magazines.

Of course, level 7 is... well.. level 7. I prefer to not think too much about level 7.

• Like 1

Dude! I subscribed to Nintendo Power, and always spent too much time reading Electronic Gaming Monthly and other magazines at the local grocery store. (Okay, we only hand Nintendo Power because the subscription came with the NES.) If Mattel Electronics had survived 1983, it would have had magazines too.

I don't think I would've beaten Castlevania back in the day w/out some hints and encouragement from the various magazines.

Of course, level 7 is... well.. level 7. I prefer to not think too much about level 7.

I'm uploading my complete playthrough video right now. 3 Hours and 54 minutes long. I only had to edit out 6 minutes of breaks i took. The uncut video is 4 hours long exactly. LOL

It should be done uploading by morning. That will be a long video to watch but i'd love to see if i solved certain puzzles differently than others have.

Edit: And the video i'm uploading is my second time through the game. I probably won't do any more videos of it for now. I think i have done quite a few already. :-D

But i think i'm ready to take on Assassin the next time i play. Thinking of skipping Rogue.

Edited by IntellivisionDude
  • Like 1