IGNORED

Edladdin Controllers "Seagull 78" - order two right now.

wood_jl

I believe it was Trebor who solved this for me as I had the same issue....it has something to do with the difficulty switches on front of the 7800--but for the life of me right now I can't say how to set them to get individual button play.

Xevious
Left Difficulty Switch:
B/Left Position = Independent Fire [Left-Button 1] and Bombs [Right-Button 2].
A/Right Position = Both buttons do both weapons.
;)
  • Like 1

Xevious

Left Difficulty Switch:

B/Left Position = Independent Fire [Left-Button 1] and Bombs [Right-Button 2].

A/Right Position = Both buttons do both weapons.

;)

thanks for the heads up. It was driving me crazy. I thought my 7800 was freakin out on me or something.

Do alot of 7800 games behave differently based on the position of the difficulty switches?

• 1 month later...

Got mine and it works great. I tried out all of my Genesis controllers on my 7800 and there are no problems. I decided to experiment a little and plugged a Master System controller in, but the buttons would not function.

I then hooked up my Colecovision and tried three options:

1) started a game with regular Coleco controller, removed it, and then plugged Genesis/SG78 combo directly to port 1. No go.

2) did the same thing with the Master System controller. No go.

3) tried a Champ Keypad (it allows for a passthrough Atari 2600 or 7800 controller) with both Genesis and Master System controllers hooked up to the Seagull 78 but got nothing with either.

Oh well- I'm still very excited about all the possibilities I have for playing my 7800 games :)

• Like 1

Hey I'm a lot later to the party than I would have liked to have been. I just remembered this project and I am glad to hear it was completed and people are happy with it. I hope a few months down the road I can still get one of these. I'll be moved by then I hope and not be paying as much for rent. I have favorited Edladdin.com so I don't forget to buy one or two of these once I move.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...