Star Castle 2600 cartridge for sale

star castle

10 replies to this topic

#1 linville OFFLINE  

linville

Chopper Commander

• 139 posts

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2014 8:35 AM

I am selling my Star Castle 2600 cartridge...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 181603304732

Edited by linville, Fri Dec 5, 2014 9:50 AM.

#2 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,446 posts

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2014 8:40 AM

looks like the listing has been removed already? 

#3 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,183 posts

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2014 8:42 AM

I fixed the link.

#4 linville OFFLINE  

linville

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 139 posts

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2014 9:49 AM

Albert, thank for that -- what was wrong with the link?

#5 linville OFFLINE  

linville

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 139 posts

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2014 9:50 AM

Oh, I see -- just use the item number, not the URL...

#6 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,183 posts

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2014 9:56 AM

Oh, I see -- just use the item number, not the URL...

You got it.  :)

#7 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

As Above

• 18,736 posts
  • So Below

Posted Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:13 PM

From what I have noticed looks like all the carts are having the heavy label pealing problem? Is the the labels fault or the shells not holding them?

#8 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,183 posts

Posted Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:50 PM

From what I have noticed looks like all the carts are having the heavy label pealing problem? Is the the labels fault or the shells not holding them?

In my experience this is usually due to the glue not being able to resist the tendency of inkjet labels to curl along the edges.  However, if the label surface is porous (which it may be, I'd have to look at one of my Star Castle Arcade carts to check), that could further contribute to the labels peeling up.  Thickness of the label and printing method can also affect this--for instance, thin inkjet labels with heavy ink coverage around the edges are worse as far as this goes, and if the glue isn't strong enough, you'll see peeling around the edges.

The peeling seen in the above auction photos is pretty extreme.  I wonder what kind of material was used for the labels.

..Al

#9 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

As Above

• 18,736 posts
  • So Below

Posted Sat Dec 6, 2014 7:01 PM

In my experience this is usually due to the glue not being able to resist the tendency of inkjet labels to curl along the edges.  However, if the label surface is porous (which it may be, I'd have to look at one of my Star Castle Arcade carts to check), that could further contribute to the labels peeling up.  Thickness of the label and printing method can also affect this--for instance, thin inkjet labels with heavy ink coverage around the edges are worse as far as this goes, and if the glue isn't strong enough, you'll see peeling around the edges.

The peeling seen in the above auction photos is pretty extreme.  I wonder what kind of material was used for the labels.

..Al

Ya I was thinking it was extreme but I have seen it before on some homemade shells depending what the plastic used to make the shell was. Other times it was the inks and\or type of adhesive like you also mentioned. Perhaps it's the perfect storm with all reasons being at fault here.

#10 McCallister OFFLINE  

McCallister

Dragonstomper

• 784 posts

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:04 AM

In my experience this is usually due to the glue not being able to resist the tendency of inkjet labels to curl along the edges.  However, if the label surface is porous (which it may be, I'd have to look at one of my Star Castle Arcade carts to check), that could further contribute to the labels peeling up.  

..Al

Does this mean that the label for Star Castle Arcade is different from your standard homebrew labels?

#11 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,183 posts

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:15 AM

Does this mean that the label for Star Castle Arcade is different from your standard homebrew labels?

Labels come in many types. There are different label materials (various types of paper, vinyl, etc.), different coatings, different printing methods, and different glues. You can even glue labels to carts using some type of glue, as opposed to the labels being self-adhesive. I have no idea what was used for this run of Star Castle. I should not have said "Star Castle Arcade" above, since I meant to refer to the "Star Castle" carts sold by D. Scott Williamson. The upcoming Star Castle Arcade will use the same style of labels I normally use for other homebrews.

..Al

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star castle

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users