IGNORED

Thierry Nouspikel's TI-99-4A Tech Pages

Lee Stewart

Anybody know what’s going on with Thierry Nouspikel's “The TI-99-4A Tech Pages”?

I get to the main page, which has some graphics missing; but, most of the other pages claim the account is suspended. I knew I should have downloaded the entire site when I had the chance. :dunce: Hopefully, it is just temporary. I sent Thierry an e-mail message a few days ago that has not yet been answered. I know he has a lot more important things to do than pay any attention to e-mail of unknown origin, but I tried.

I don't suppose anyone else downloaded the entire site to a form they could share, did they?

...lee

Until they come back up, you can hit them at the Wayback Machine. This is the most recent capture.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130719134114/http://nouspikel.group.shef.ac.uk/ti99/titechpages.htm

The downloads are there still, as well, and have not been updated since 2002.

disass.zip

download.zip

gpl_asm.zip

ideal.zip

mildmiss.zip

modexp.zip

pcjoy.zip

pics.zip

rip.zip

softs.zip

tasks.zip

webpages.zip

• Like 1

Good to see an almost recent backup of the site.

Hopefully it will come back soon.

In the meantime, again I should mention if any one needs 'hosting space', send me an PM and I will contact you, and give you details, all you need is domain that you can point to set of nameservers which I will give you, and within hours, you will have a nice little private cpanel with your own space on powerful server, with all the most needed services, features, etc.

Oh, and best part,, no cost... My gift to the TI99 world... I do except one-time donations, but never a fixed amount or time-limit, and not enforced.

• Like 1

We have some few contributors right now; many of the people in this forum already have an account. It would be great if there were more activity. If you need an account, you can simply create one using the "log in" link and clicking on "request one". After that I have to confirm the account.

I've been using ninerpedia mainly as a location to keep record of my MESS activities, but I also added some pages about the Geneve architecture.

If Thierry's site is down and if we need to find a new one, ninerpedia would indeed be a reasonable choice. But maybe we should first contact Thierry and clarify things. I don't want to do some kind of "takeover".

I was going to focus my efforts on creation of new pages that are needed. I figured I'd start with the Speech Synth since it's something I've been spending a lot of time with recently. Let me know if there's any specific needs for new pages, and I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I see there's already a speech page. It wasn't linked from some of the other pages, so I figured the page didn't exist. I guess I can go through and create links between pages wherever it's needed.

Edited by gregallenwarner