IGNORED

Wall Jump Ninja (2600)

walaber

Hello everyone! I'm hoping this isn't bad form, I've been posting about my Atari 2600 homebrew game "Wall Jump Ninja" over in the programming forum for a while, but I think there might be some people interested who don't normally peruse that forum. Below are a few screenshots and a download link to the latest binary for the game, I'd love any feedback that you have! I feel the game is basically complete, but am interested in hearing people's impression of the game.

It's a one-button platforming action game. Tap the fire button to jump off a wall and stick to the opposite wall. jump through the openings on the right to access the next room: see how far you can make it! If you take too long, the "death beam" will get you! There are also spikes to avoid.

There is some finesse to the controls, the longer you hold the button, the higher you will jump, which is important for negotiating the spikes and other obstacles.

There are a few settings you can toggle with the difficulty switches:

Left Switch: overall difficulty between normal and hard (changes how quickly things get difficult)

Right Switch: LAVA toggle. when OFF, the ninja can wrap vertically around the screen. when ON there is deadly lava at the bottom of the screen.

Here's a link to the programming forum thread

Screenshots:

post-40857-0-54288400-1418185109_thumb.png post-40857-0-89395700-1418185119_thumb.png

Slightly outdated gameplay video:

https://vine.co/v/OvihJxg5PzX

And binary download:

wall_jump_ninja_20141208.bin

Edited by walaber
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...